Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Improved Physics

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to AlteredARMOR
I do not know, really. If it happened for me to implement ingame physics I would do it another way. we have a lot of forces that affect the object:
1) gravitational force;
2) friction force (air/water resistance included);
3) support reation force if object is lying on the ground;
4) liquid ejection force if object is emerged in water/lava/acid;
5) elasticihty force if object is hanging on a rope;
6) impact force if object was thrown/kicked/shot;
7) rotational force if we put it THAT far...
And a whole bunch of other forces.
So if I was implementing ingame physics I would consider all these forces in resulting acceleration calculation (and yeah, it can not be done without vectors, because every force has a direction aside from value). So maybe it is good that I do not actually implement anything.

Do not get me wrong: I like the ideas you've posted at the beginning of the topic. But I do not think that their implementation worth the efforts I've stated above (in that question I totally agree with Maikel). If you want to impelement it simple way (like you already said), I am not going to stop or criticise you (not a chance). And I am definitely not the person who should share his thoughts concerning the ingame physics. (In fact I think that it was completely wrong for me to write anything in this thread in the first place). Sorry.