Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Concept][Object] Rope ladder

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to AlteredARMOR
So, there will be no swinging, I guess. Than maybe it will be more realistic to make something like this ?

EDIT: I mean, why do we need the rope ladder for in the first place? I see only two possible applications:
1) You throw a ladder down from an airship so other clonk can climb up onto it. (Good application - 100% approved)
2) You fly with a balloon onto a high floating island and throw down the ladder so other clonks can easily reach this island. (In CR you would have to build an elevator)

2 cons:
1) If we implement anchors, it can be used for climbing too (though your airship will have to stay in place while other clonks climb up - it will ruin some fun :-)
2) What about elevator? (of course, you still have to build it in order to transport lorries, cannons and such, but... do not know, really).

Alright, we can have a rope ladder. But it will consist of some static, prerendered planks with ropes coming up and down (something like I drew in the first post). And rolling out/in of a ladder will consist in adding/removing another plank (sprite).

|
o
|
o
|
o
|

and so (strictly vertical)...