Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Concept] "(Magic) baloon"

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to AlteredARMOR
Alright, here is a new magic balloon concept based on Ringwaul's and Newton's suggestions:
[img]balloon2_concept.png[/img]
I had two ideas concerning its application.
1) Clonk always carries this balloon and it is thus always used when selected
2) Clonk carries a balloon by holding the round part of it (not the hilt/handle) - a bit similar to the way he carries a boompack. When used (MB pressed) the balloon quickly floats up and clonk grabs it by the hilt (thus falling speed is decreased). When on land (not used anymore) he pulls it towards himself and grabs the baloon with both of his hands again.

The hilt is a very simple object (the only thing that is not going to be modified if this concept is approved =):
[img]balloon2_hilt1.png[/img]
Also I thought about something like this recently (though I like the first concept better):
[img]balloon2_hilt2.png[/img]

Don't ask me about any feedback on this concept - I do not think that it is very good. But I posted my idea anyway for few reasons:
1) to ensure everyone that I haven't forgot about my responsibility of creating magic_balloon object :-)
2) to stimulate further brainstorming process;
3) in the end... maybe someone likes it...