Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Inventory concept(s)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to MastroLindo
then how do you assign an item in your inventary to a quick slot for using it?

there are two use cases here:
-user wants to see what there is inside is inventory to use it/manage the inventory
-user wants to sell stuff

in my opinion they should not be mixed. So you need some specific funcitons to handle the first one. For handling the second one you could reuse the same menu's and GUI, but it should not be triggered everytime you open the inventory, but only when the users really want to sell/buy stuff

AS far as I see it:

inventory menu: if you click on a object with the left click you assign it to the left slot, if you click on a object with the right click you assign it to the right slot, if you drag and drop/use a modifier you can switch the item between different context (clonk/vehicle/building's menus)

Trade menu: when the users opens it (by pressing another button, entering it's base, selecting an option from a menu, or whatever) it shows a menu with what it can buy from that store, and next to it it can open the inventory menu for selling stuff.

If you like the idea to keep only one menu for the inventory do it, I don't have problems with that. I am against allowing the buy/sell by simply opening the inventory. In my opinion the buying/selling function should be activated in a different way from the way you normally open the inventory