Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Inventory concept(s)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>What about having it open automatically when grabbing? I don't see what the upside of having yet another key should be.

You could not see anything if you would always have screen filling menus open.

>Bad idea. It will be impossible to recognize it quickly.

A different color scheme for each of the menus was the other idea. Additionally the menus will always be on (nearly) the same position

>I don't see what the big issue with the catapult is. We already have means to select the currently "active" object. Having a ring menu to just duplicate what's already available at the bottom of the screen doesn't seem very elegant to me. Imo, transfering any objects into the catapult should be avoided as far as possible, because catapults should not be containers (in constrast to crossbows, which should be able to hold arrow packs).

The ringmenu is basically the backpack - so it would not be a special case for the player there. And the object should not enter the catapult but be instantly launched after selecting

>A far more interesting problem is how putting an object into a building should work.

I think we should avoid stuff in buildings (other than the homebase) wherever possible. The buildings should fetch stuff from nearby lorries/chests. That would make the buildings a lot more consistent (because you know that you don't have stuff in there) and if you really need some space for storing stuff, you could always build a chest in front of the building (which could be opened and have an Collection-area!)
Additionally that would be parallel to your "we-dont-need-no-doors"-attitude, so you just have to like it!

-- I think we need at least a homebase that you can enter, though