Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Landscape zooming

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
I see no glitches left. So sharp edges, wow!

But seeing the landscape with such a unblurred edges, I remember the other issue, the issue that the landscape textures should actually be displayed 1:1 on 3x zoom (and thus not blurred on any zoom level smaller or equal 3x) which is much more obvious now.

Also, this rises the question if sharp edges are really desired between all material (textures): The graphics style of the material textures moved towards something more photorealistic. Sharp edges between, sand and earth or even different earth textures look no good. If you got a game with a brick wall on which some areas should be more dirty than the normal texture and got a second texture for that (showing a "dirty" version of the normal brick texture), it will look odd if the two textures are not blended into each other at the borders of these areas. The same applies for many materials on the clonk landscape. Have a look at the attachment: If this is in any way possible, at least materials and textures of the same density should blend into each other rather than form sharp edges - perhaps even all textures (except sky/tunnel and liquid) should blend into each other at their borders.
What the sharp edges are wonderful for, however, are for the edges of the landscape - namely sky/tunnel with anything else. Hq3x hides the blurry pixels which would otherwise be very obvious - but it also removes the blur which was quite good in many situations.