Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Sword functionality

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to MimmoO
i think i acutally had the idea to make the sword some kind of "jumping"-weapon. i was inspired by the ninja-sword from tee-worlds, where one can do a very familiar attack with such a sword. but i do agree, that it is some kind of overpowered due to the highly inproved moveability.
iirc zapper had the idea to make different attacks for different movement of the clonk.
i could imagine different attacks for standing, walk/running, and jumping then. from the standing, the clonk just makes some slash in the direction in front of him. while walking, he performs some verry small jump forward, combined with a forward-strike. and in the air, he may do some summersault with the sword. (these are just ideas).
i also would support making the "area" in which the sword does damage, bigger, so it is easier to hit. (or make the whole sword longer/bigger.

also, what about those swift "lines" or white fields behind a sword, when its swung in a comic like here?