Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Idea: Accessible Buildings

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to pluto
I read this thread some time ago. By overviewing your thread I got the idea it is time to overthink the need of having more than one clonk at the same time, because the only need of more than on Clonk is that you can "teleport" if nessecary. Somebody is attacking your base?-> switch to the defendig clonk. it was successful, well?, play the other clonk again for any other actions. apart from thet, the only other use of more than two clonks are the amout of "lifes", that could be realized with relaunces as well. But thats another discussion (maybe this discussion is to late(by looking to the tutorial with more clonks)

>c) But on the other hand, castles might start to look really boring from outside...

I guess you're talking about the modular CR Knight castles. I'm sure I've enough possible solutions to prevent this problem, I will give an overviwe when it becomes nessecary.

a) Make attacking a castle much more of a gamble, because you don't know what kind of defense you will meet

Sure, that's a challenge for balancing-systems. I recognize old GWE-Cofut rounds, where defenders even had the advantage that they were able shoot arrows through the basement at clonks standing under the castle. But the rounds have never taken more than around 15 minuits, because the damage was not as overkill like now. so attackers had more time to do things around the enemy's castle. Defenders had the only action to shoot arrows arround (or react offensive with attacing the attacer's castle or try to kill the enemies from outside (and loose the protection of the castle)).
So, I believe in possibilities to find a solution for those problems, that attacking and defense are balanced. to see not every time, whats going on everywhere on maps can be exciting as well. Many computergames use the so called fog of war very successful.(= you now the map, but not whats going on everywhere).