Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Documentation "credits"
- - By Newton [th] Date 2013-11-29 14:41
I think it is good that one can see in the documentation when the page was last updated. We have a field for this in the xml.

However, the older an article gets, the more people documented on it and for many articles it looks like this now:
http://docs.openclonk.org/en/sdk/definition/cnat.html

In my opinion the names are unnecessary, it is unimportant for the reader of the documentation and the information if someone is interested is elsewhere (in the repository changelog). What is (more) important however is the last-edited-date. For me, the credits have been a factor to not put my name under the list when I updated an article ("Oh, such a small change is not worth any credit"). This is not good. Let's not keep the names below the documentation and just keep (and update!) the date field.

Do you agree?
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-11-29 15:22
The name tells you the person you can ask if you have any questions. This might not be 100% accurate, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure what the date tells you, but if you think it's important it could be auto-generated from the last change git repository?
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2013-11-30 04:28
If something is unclear in the documentation, it belongs into the bugtracker, not in IRC chat etc.

We could also leave these values out completely.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-11-30 17:46
Besides that what Sven2 said, I think it's cool to see the names of the people who worked on it when you look something up in the doku.
Up Topic General / General / Documentation "credits"