Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / RC tests
- - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-24 16:01
Post here for testing status and comments
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-24 17:18 Edited 2014-01-25 10:21
Played through all tutorials. I found 3 major problems of which I fixed one  immediately (any idea how this problem could have arisen in the first place). The other two are #1011 and #1012.
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-24 17:52 Edited 2014-01-25 07:52
Played through Parkours/Maze. No major issues found. The firestone material made it at some points easier/faster to break through to another corridor.
+ A spraycan model instead of the placeholder circle would be nice. Matthi, Nachtfalter, anyone? done, thank you Matthi!
+ Is it intended that the rubies have a flashing effect but not when contained (I'd like to change that if you are ok with it)? done
+ The corridors could look a bit more natural. done
+ The description should be more elaborate. done
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2014-01-24 18:07

> The firestone material made it at some points easier/faster to break through to another corridor.

That should be no problem.

> + Is it intended that the rubies have a flashing effect but not when contained (I'd like to change that if you are ok with it)?

Normally, rubies should only flash when they're not contained. For this particular scenario, the flash also makes sense when someone is carrying it, but for most other scenarios it would be annoying I think.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2014-01-24 19:30

>+ A spraycan model instead of the placeholder circle would be nice. Matthi, Nachtfalter, anyone?

I just pushed a model (as blender file) and texture to the oc-resources repository. The size might be a little bit off, I suggest you adjust this to your needs.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2014-01-25 00:18
As I gathered from the irc log, you had some trouble exporting?

> "Pyrit: Matthi: Ogre exporter 0.5.8 works with blender 2.69"

The current version of that exporter should be this one: https://bitbucket.org/MindCalamity/blender2ogre/overview
Parent - - By Nachtfalter Date 2014-01-24 19:12
Is there any (comfortable) way to zoom via mouse wheel again?
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-24 19:43
I always use the scroll wheel.
Parent - - By Nachtfalter Date 2014-01-24 19:58
Cant set this up in the control settings(?)
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2014-01-24 21:28
When you reset "Zoom in" to Mouse0Wheel1Up it does not work?
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-25 19:58
Played Hot Ice and Maze (again). Spray can was not localized. Fixed. No other problems found.

I think Maze (The Heart of the Mountain) would be a great 2-team-race. Then, the spray can would make more sense for communication between the team. Also, there is a cooperative aspect then inside one team. And the 2nd part of the game, the ruby-carrying is like ctf in a team-melee. How can I change it to enable (optional) teams?
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-25 20:00
Aand, I go to bed, quite late here. Please have a look at the roadmap, there, I marked possibly release blocking bugs: http://bugs.openclonk.org/roadmap_page.php Especially 1009 is definitely release blocking.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-01-25 23:35
Not much testing; was busy with other things all day. But we just tested Acid Gold Mine. The fire stone change made the scenario hellishly hard since metorites would trigger a chain reaction and then flood the whole cave with acid. I reduced and relocated the material a bit. Scenario should be fine now.

I noticed that the game goal seems to be fulfilled when all players are eliminated. There was a fanfare after elimination.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-01-25 23:54
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-26 06:31
This makes a great blog post!

Also, shouldn't Acid Gold Mine go into the Missions folder? After all, ACid Gold Mine is not very "open worldish" or easy.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-01-26 13:36
I'm not sure about the current sorting. I guess it's scenarios with dynamic maps and standard goal going into worlds and the rest into missions. In the future, all missions are supposed to have a small intro and outro and possibly even a connected storyline.

I've postponed work on that for now because I wanted to build the new storyline/dialogue system on top of Zapper's new menu system. But I guess it would be possible to write it on the old system and then let Zapper do the porting work when the new menus are finished :P
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-26 14:08
I made the distinction a bit clearer now:

Missions are cooperative settlement rounds with very specific goals. The players work together to overcome certain challenging tasks and find ingenious solutions or engineer technical constructions to aid them.
Often, these rounds also use custom rules and have a small intro story.

---------

This scenario folder contains cooperative settlement rounds with random and versatile landscapes. The players work together to fulfill standard goals like mining or expanding territory.

After all goals have been completed, the players can continue the round and build whatever they like.

Based on this definition, should any scenarios be moved from a to b or b to a?
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-01-26 09:46 Edited 2014-01-26 09:49
Also, shouldn't Gem Grabbers also go to Missions?
Parent - By Andriel Date 2014-01-26 13:48
Found minor AI bugs in Tutorial 4: Melee Weapons -> http://bugs.openclonk.org/view.php?id=1016
Not essential for release but still posting here since I found them during RC tests.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-02-01 20:40
Maybe not the correct location, but I noted that Issues.ocf and Experimental.ocf are included in the release, which is not a good thing imo.
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-02-02 07:19
Oh, damn! Why did nobody notice that earlier?

That warrants a new bugfix release
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / RC tests