Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / OpenClonk on Wikipedia
- - By Maikel Date 2014-06-28 21:14
I created an article for OpenClonk here, screenshots still have to come, since it takes some days for a new user to be allowed to do that.

I am still looking to expand it, but feedback and ideas are welcome!
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-06-29 07:38
Nice, let's hope it doesn't fall victim to the deletion-rage of the wikipedia admins :)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-06-29 09:13
Indeed, so if someone has some experience on why that happens, let me know.

I think in general multiple people doing changes to the article is good practise anyways, so please correct typos and English style.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-06-29 09:40
For the Clonk article, the key was "notability". We had to find and link press articles where the game was mentioned (like reviews in printed game magazines).

I think German Wikipedia is more strict about this, maybe it's fine as it is in English WP. If not, we can always link reviews from open source gaming sites.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-06-29 10:12
I was planning to add these at some point, the English clonk wikipedia is "under attack" for lack of citations by the way.
- - By Maikel Date 2014-06-29 11:01
Another question I had is which game genre is OpenClonk?

If you expand the Open-source video games (see also Linux gaming) here, which genre would you choose for OC?
Parent - - By Armin [de] Date 2014-06-29 12:41
When I added oc here I just used the first word I found there -> strategy.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-06-29 14:54
But when you compare OC to the other games in that list, are you still sure it belongs there?
Parent - - By Armin [de] Date 2014-06-29 15:27 Edited 2014-06-29 15:34
Some of these games have the freedom to build structures in landscapes with different biomes. At least I know that from 0ad. But no Im not very sure.

Edit: This list here is cool: http://www.squidoo.com/games-that-are-like-minecraft
"Sandbox Building Games" is sadly no common categorie.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-06-29 15:46
I always like how they say that clonk is a mixture of something and something where those two are decades younger than clonk :)

Clonk is much more and less than terraria for example, we have leagues, melees, but much less exploring.

Somehow I feel 2D sidescroller with action and strategy elements covers the game quite well.
Up Topic General / General / OpenClonk on Wikipedia