Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Shire
1 2 Previous Next
- - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 10:10
A remake of the 1999 adventure scenario by Jan Gauczinski. Have fun!

CCAN Download
Attachment: ShirePatch10to11.ocu - Patch (11k)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-23 10:18
For which version of OC?

Or compatible with both 6.1 and the current snapshot?
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 10:19
It works only with the current snapshot
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-23 10:33
Ok, I am stuck at the point where the elevator is freed, but does not come down. Is that intended?
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 10:34
No, it should go down actually. Do you have an idea what could have caused the problem? Is it stuck?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-23 10:41 Edited 2015-12-23 10:49
The earth was just still there. Then I managed to use a small cheat to get through to the east anyways. But my bottle of Smefft disappeared in the conversation with Quimby, and I did not get any REWARD as he promised.

Edit: I managed to get the pirate his thing he needed, but his new door ends in the middle of the earth.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 10:54 Edited 2015-12-23 10:57
Ah I changed the earth material to not be blastable, but this sequence required it. This also causes the problems with the new door in the middle of the earth.

Apparently my tester did not test it deeply :p I am working on the bugfixes
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-23 11:14
Thanks, the round is nice. It could use a bit more decoration. The clothing of the characters is really good!
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 13:10
Thanks! There is a patch attached to the original post, it should fix the errors that you reported. Complete upload of a new version will be tomorrow.
Parent - By Sven2 [ag] Date 2015-12-23 13:32
Thanks, update applied successfully (haven't tested the scenario yet).
Parent - - By Sven2 [ag] Date 2015-12-23 13:33
Great, an all-time classic. Can't wait to re-play it. I hope there's still the carrots in the beginning and the mysterious castle sign? :-)
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-23 13:35
No carrots unfortunately, we got wheat instead. You can provide a carrot, if you want :p The castle sign is there, of course.
Parent - - By Sven2 [ag] Date 2015-12-24 00:17 Edited 2015-12-24 00:35
I've also finished a (much smaller) scenario for Christmas. It's a variant of Fight For Gidl, but you defend a Christmas tree with slightly different waves and upgrades in presents. Tested in current git master. Multiplayer should work, but is untested!

Download here: https://ccan.de/cgi-bin/ccan/ccan-view.pl?a=view&i=6248 or here: http://cognium.de/misc/XMasDefense2015.ocs - I hope the upload worked. It ran for a long time on 1000 bytes per second with connection resets three times per minute. Thanks to Pyrit for the Wool Hat ;-)

I've linked Marky's Shîre remake as well as the defense in this new blog posting.
Attachment: XMasDefense2015.ocs (988k)
Parent - - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2015-12-24 00:54
Nice and funny scenario ;)
(but in my opinion, the xmas-tree should have way more hitpoints in singleplayer)

Small bug: Sometimes the presents got stuck deep in the earth so I couldn't open them.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-27 13:16
Yes, this is quite annoying! Sven2 please fix.
Parent - - By K-Pone Date 2015-12-26 00:29
Nice one, but I just got stuck in a pure bunch of rapid AI Sword Clonks killing me again and again and again (nearly 3 to 5 times per second) because the AI Clonks were at my spawn point.
Parent - By Mupf Date 2015-12-26 00:53
Same here with stones :S
This and Fight for GIDL need to scale difficulty depending on the number of players..
Parent - By ala [de] Date 2015-12-26 11:44
In CR I use a spawn protection moving the clonk to another layer for 2-3 seconds. That usually solves such cases in multiplayer and would solve it here too.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-27 13:17
Managed it! You really need all those presents.
Parent - - By Mupf Date 2015-12-25 02:26
Haven't played more than 5 seconds so far, but it gets rly messy if you use an alternate clonk skin.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-25 17:23
Yep, I forgot to force the skin to the default clonk. I am happy for any more bug reports, I will collect them and fix them in a few weeks.
Parent - - By Sven2 [jm] Date 2015-12-25 19:39 Edited 2015-12-25 19:42
When dialogues were "finished" (i.e. you gave NPCs what they wanted) they would restart. E.g. after you gave away the bread and got your reward, the NPC would ask for bread again.

The beggar dialogue was missing something; I didn't actually notice I got the sMett (and it would ask for the gold coin again after).

Some object strings weren't translated to English. I just remember the magic wand text that there was nothing to "verzaubern".

The final thing didn't enter the wormhole for me. I ended up stuck in the top right corner of the landscape. I could steer it somehow and I steered it to the side I think.

When you already talked to someone and just quickly want to skip through the text. you accidentally restart dialogues pretty easily. To prevent this, the Dialogue object in the Objects.ocd has a minimum delay between stopping and restarting a dialogue (during the delay, talk requests are ignored).

Scenario was really cool otherwise. Would you like to contribute the alternate skins to the main repository (CC-BY-3.0 or compatible) so we can use them for other NPCs?
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-25 19:54

>When dialogues were "finished" (i.e. you gave NPCs what they wanted) they would restart. E.g. after you gave away the bread and got your reward, the NPC would ask for bread again.
>The beggar dialogue was missing something; I didn't actually notice I got the sMett (and it would ask for the gold coin again after).

Noted

>Some object strings weren't translated to German. I just remember the magic wand text that there was nothing to "verzaubern".

Is this related to http://bugs.openclonk.org/view.php?id=1513 maybe?

>The final thing didn't enter the wormhole for me. I ended up stuck in the top right corner of the landscape. I could steer it somehow and I steered it to the side I think.

Interesting. Did you or someone else also try making a savegame? The "SaveScenarioObject" callback in some objects confused me, but apparently it is only necessary if you want to prevent something from being saved to Objects.c while saving the scenario from editor mode.

>When you already talked to someone and just quickly want to skip through the text. you accidentally restart dialogues pretty easily. To prevent this, the Dialogue object in the Objects.ocd has a minimum delay between stopping and restarting a dialogue (during the delay, talk requests are ignored).

Noted :) Maybe I can add an option for skipping to the next unkown message (or one message before that).

>Would you like to contribute the alternate skins to the main repository (CC-BY-3.0 or compatible) so we can use them for other NPCs?

Yes. I would also contribute my templates to the resources repository, so that we can make new skins easily. Do you need anything else?
Parent - - By Mupf Date 2015-12-25 20:05

>Did you or someone else also try making a savegame?

OpenClonk crashed when trying to load the savegame I made. But this also happens with every scenario I tried it with.

Some other things I noticed:
- You can take the bow and explosive arrows from the NPC after he freed the elevator. When you kill the Cyclops with the bow, your grenade launcher still disappears magically .
- After defeating the mage "Abr..whatever..bar", he freezes and does nothing instead of dying or disappearing. Not sure if intended.
- Under Linux, the black-and-white-effect made problems, the trees stayed mono coloured after the initial monologue. Windows 7 worked though.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-25 21:19

> You can take the bow and explosive arrows from the NPC after he freed the elevator.

How did you do that?

>When you kill the Cyclops with the bow, your grenade launcher still disappears magically .

It is assumed that you kill it with the launcher. Scriptwise the scenario is very dirty, because I wanted to get it done fast.

> After defeating the mage "Abr..whatever..bar", he freezes and does nothing instead of dying or disappearing. Not sure if intended.

I tested this often, but probably one of my bugfixes broke it again. I've got to look into it.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-25 21:23

>How did you do that?

You can take out stuff from things in the interaction menu. I could also take the pirate's hat. Har har har.

#appendto'ing func IsContainer() { return false; }
or
setting npc.IsContainer = nil; for every NPC, should solve that.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-25 21:29

>How did you do that?

I also did that, you just open the menu with [E] and take them.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-25 21:30

>Yes. I would also contribute my templates to the resources repository, so that we can make new skins easily. Do you need anything else?

What is there size? If they are too large we should do a selection.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-25 21:48
In total they are 115mb, for all characters, with invisible layers still in the image. For the basic Clonk and ClonkAlchemist template it is only 9mb in total, but the original ClonkAlchemist template is already in the resources repository anyway
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-25 22:10
That is massive in size. Then we need to determine the usefulness of these skins.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-25 23:13
That's the resource files, though. The "exported" jpegs/pngs will probably be much, much smaller.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-26 15:18
The exported files are about 3mb in size. I'd put them in the Decoration.ocd pack, there already is something for alternative textures/materials
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-26 15:47
3Mb total size? That is smaller than I expected.
Parent - By Mupf Date 2015-12-25 19:56

>Scenario was really cool otherwise. Would you like to contribute the alternate skins to the main repository (CC-BY-3.0 or compatible) so we can use them for other NPCs?

Clothing for all clonks? I want red Pullovers!
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-25 20:00
Very nice!

But the sorcerer (Clonkalabar?) broke after pointing the wand at him

[19:41:42] ERROR: '->': invalid target type nil, expected proplist.
[19:41:42]  by: Object(844)->Trigger_Clonkarabas_WaitDefeat() (Shire.ocs\System.ocg\Trigger_Clonkarabas.c:97)
[19:41:42]  by: Object(844)->SequenceCall("WaitDefeat") (LibraryAdventures.ocd\Libraries.ocd\Sequence.ocd\Script.c:90)
[19:41:42]  by: Object(844)->CallNext("WaitDefeat") (LibraryAdventures.ocd\Libraries.ocd\Sequence.ocd\Script.c:172)
[19:41:42]  by: Object(844)->FxIntScheduleCallTimer(Object(844),{Function = BackgroundSequence.CallNext, Name = "IntScheduleCall", Pars = [...], Repeats = -1}) (System.ocg\Schedule.c:93)

I could go on to the giant but it killed me and I lost my grenade launcher BEHIND the giant (due to an explosion of a flint). So I scripted myself a new one. But I couldn't kill the giant :(
So I just shot at the giant's feet until it was underground and jumped over the giant and got the material!
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2015-12-25 21:16
There is only one vulnerable spot - his eye! Previously, blasting earth was not possible, but only blasting the rocks was possible. So you could not get the material by "cheating", but this also broke the elevator part.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-27 13:37
Finished it!

For me decoration is really missing in the round. Otherwise it is very well done, apart from the long walking you have to do.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2016-01-03 21:29 Edited 2016-01-03 21:33
Custom textures. I release them all under the license, it is just that I missed clicking the license checkbox before uploading. For now this is easier, because I do not know where you wanted to use the textures. Will put the templates into the resources repository soon.
Attachment: ClonkBeggar.jpg (159k)
Attachment: ClonkBlond.jpg (158k)
Attachment: ClonkCarpenter.jpg (144k)
Attachment: ClonkDrin.jpg (137k)
Attachment: ClonkGoatee.jpg (149k)
Attachment: ClonkGoodMage.jpg (152k)
Attachment: ClonkGreen.jpg (155k)
Attachment: ClonkGuard.jpg (146k)
Attachment: ClonkJungle.jpg (143k)
Attachment: ClonkModern.jpg (142k)
Attachment: ClonkPullover.jpg (149k)
Attachment: ClonkSage.jpg (169k)
Attachment: ClonkOverlayPlayer.png (47k)
Attachment: ClonkAlchemistDoctor.jpg (59k)
Attachment: ClonkAlchemistLeather.jpg (68k)
Attachment: ClonkAlchemistWeird.jpg (83k)
Attachment: ClonkArcher.jpg (153k)
Attachment: ClonkBeard.jpg (142k)
Parent - - By Sven2 [jm] Date 2016-01-04 18:55
Cool thanks, we should add them to Decorations.ocd and use them for NPCs in the mission storyline.

Are they all for the main mesh (skin)? Or different meshes?
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2016-01-04 18:59
The skins with *Alchemist* in the middle are for the Alchemist skin. There you also have to set the material for submesh 1.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2016-01-04 19:38
Naming a darker skin jungle may be offensive to minorities, so maybe we can rename that.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2016-01-04 21:07
Zwarte Piet?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2016-01-04 21:12
Yes, sounds good, I actually don't care so much, but then some UN official from Jamaica may complain...
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2016-01-04 21:16
That would give us a nice streisand effect :)
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-01-04 21:20
Any proposals that are not completely ridiculous? If you really want something completely neutral, then use e.g. "shirtless" or so..
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2016-01-04 22:13
Maybe Afro or African would fit. That's not offensive as far as I know.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2016-01-04 19:38
I will try them out and add the ones I can use in the tutorials.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2016-01-05 18:26
Could you license them under CC-BY 3.0?

And can I take the portraits from Shire as well? Is the latest version of the portraits on CCAN?

Thanks a lot btw!
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2016-01-05 18:36
I license them under CC-BY 3.0! Just the option is not displayed for files that I uploaded already, when I edit the attachments. Apparently you have to click the checkbox before uploading files. Yes, you can take the portraits as well. Some of them are called differently, for example "Iolo" is "Archer" and so on.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2016-01-05 23:05
I am still working on this, hope to finish tomorrow, what is the overlay for? In your scenario you seem to use a different overlay.

Also the green clonk could get a different overlay to get all kinds of colors?
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Shire
1 2 Previous Next