Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Request]Cannon Graphics
- - By Maikel Date 2017-06-30 18:43
There will hopefully be more cannons in OC soon, but they need graphics. If you would like to contribute you will see your work immediately in OC as the scripting is already done!

The current idea is described and discussed here. There you can also download scenarios to test the new types of cannons.

Discussion of the graphics can be done in this thread.
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2017-08-05 18:06
Maybe something like that?

I hereby license the file cannon_sketch.png under the CC-BY license
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-08-06 06:30
Yes, that looks nice. I would prefer a frame where the cannon is mounted in the middle though, so that I don't need turn animations and scripts for other nasty stuff.
Parent - - By Foaly [de] Date 2017-08-20 15:50
I created a rough sketch of how I would imagine a lightning cannon.
Or did you want something that looks more like a tesla coil?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-08-20 16:22
Looks good! I would like to use the Diamond as a component. So that could fit in your design where the three rods of the dish come together.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-08-23 19:54
The gun is not needed by any scenario yet. And since I lost that discussion and we have diamonds we might as well use them for complex objects like the tesla gun.

I added diamonds to the Horrid Highway round for this purpose.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-08-23 22:33
Imo, the diamond is a very bad resource in the sense of a part in a planned economy. However, that was also never the reason why I liked the diamond. The diamond was solely intended as a variable reward for exploration (in a B.F. Skinner sense) - where we are still lacking more! A lot more!

If a scenario requires diamonds for production, it should either make them visible from the start or at least fix their position and provide the user with hints (e.g. signs) - and have e.g. animals defend them
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-08-24 09:52

> where we are still lacking more! A lot more!

We also lack any kind of hands-on reward after discovering a diamond. Being able to sell it for money is not very thrilling. But what if you get a cool and exceptional item?!

I agree that any scenario based upon such an item (like Horrid Highway?) should make finding diamonds more obvious.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-08-24 10:50

>But what if you get a cool and exceptional item?!

Yeah, nothing against that. We need a lot more (minor) variations of existing items (e.g. better helmets, better arrows, better swords, blah) - but all those would be stuff that you don't need to finish a scenario - unlike the cannons in Horrid Highway
Parent - By Luchs Date 2017-08-24 13:28
Hey, we did Horrid Highway without the cannon before ;)

As you're destroying most of the landscape there for resources anyways, you'll find all the diamonds sooner or later in any case.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-08-23 22:35
PS (important PS, thus new post):
"High tier" items should be items that you reach later in the game. E.g. because they require some sort of production chain that takes time to set up, etc. The diamond is very unsuitable for this, because it is very possible that the player finds one in the first two minutes of the game
Parent - By Foaly [de] Date 2017-09-14 19:09
I put the model in the Milestone Dropbox.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Request]Cannon Graphics