Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Crash on save?
- - By Lime Date 2017-11-27 22:13
Is there a known save crash bug? My two friends and I cannot save online games. The game freezes when you select save, and windows decides the program is unresponsive after a minute.
All on windows 64bit. Openclonk version 7. One friend runs windows 7 and two of us are on windows 10. None of us can save no matter which one of us hosts the online game.
We did get the game to save once - we saved immediately after starting a server to see if it would work, and it did. Later save attempts on that server failed. What more info I can provide?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-11-27 22:51
You could try out the current development version *).
A lot of things have changed since the 7.0 release - so maybe your problem has been fixed in the meantime. PS, I think I faintly remember a bug that made saving take ages

*) You can find it here: http://www.openclonk.org/nightly-builds/
But the autobuilds have stopped working a month ago, so you only get a version from 32 days ago :/
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2017-11-27 23:30
Unfortunately, network game saving is amongst the most complicated operations we have and often broken. I think since the last release, we fixed a few leaks (causing extremely long writing times) but there is no guarantee the development snapshot will work better.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-11-28 06:35
But a bug report with the dev snapshot might be really helpful and something that we could fix :)
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Crash on save?