Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Treasure Island (Die Schatz-Insel)
- - By Gorn Date 2018-08-18 19:03 Edited 2018-08-28 15:25
"Treasure Island" is a single player scenario and should be well suited for beginners. For professionals it is probably not a challenge.

OpenClonk version: 8.1
Game mode: settlement, single player
Game Goal: Find and sell gems
Game time: 1-4 hours
Difficulty: easy or a little harder ;)
Language: German & English (translated by Google ;)

This is my first self-created scenario. Thanks to "Luchs" for the script, which assigns buildings to the player. Unfortunately, I did not get that over the editor.

Update (28.08.2018)
Difficulty level now selectable (easy & hard)
Attachment: Treasure_Island.ocs - Difficulty level now selectable (easy / hard) (339k)
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2018-08-18 21:46

> This is my first self-created scenario. Thanks to "Luchs" for the script, which assigns buildings to the player. Unfortunately, I did not get that over the editor.

That reminds me: I thought for a while it would be nice if owner-less flagpoles would auto-assign themselves to whoever walks into their radius first.

It would make sense e.g. in melees, if you defeated an opponent and take over their base.

(Will try the scenario now! Finally something new to test :-))
Parent - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-19 13:51

>That reminds me: I thought for a while it would be nice if owner-less flagpoles would auto-assign themselves to whoever walks into their radius first.

That would be well suited for single player scenarios, but should also apply to wind turbines. If you build flagpoles near abandoned wind turbines, these are also neutral and useless.

>It would make sense e.g. in melees, if you defeated an opponent and take over their base.

I have no experience with Melees. Here in the forum are unfortunately also many such scenarios, where you need 2 or more players.

>(Will try the scenario now! Finally something new to test :-))

Hope it's fun. But this scenario may be too easy. Had already tested some szenarios here, which were a bit too hard for me (as a beginner ;-). I hope the description and dialogues in my scenario are understandably translated into English by Google.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-08-21 18:20
We tested! Very nice.
There are maybe a bit too many gems around. We had 40 way before we explored the entire map (but we decided to explore the entire map anyway).
Parent - - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-22 16:41

> We tested! Very nice.

Thanks. :)

> There are maybe a bit too many gems around. We had 40 way before we explored the entire map

I know that there are many more gems than you need. That's why the level of difficulty is "relatively easy". ;)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-08-23 08:08
You can use scenario parameters to change the difficulty, see for example also the Worlds.ocf folder and its scenarios.

When you made the scenario in editor mode, then it will be a bit harder.
Parent - - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-23 15:41

> You can use scenario parameters to change the difficulty, ...

Thanks for the info, but I did not want to deal with complicated scripts. For that I would have to know all the commands that are relevant to the many game goals (gem sale, money points, ...). All this takes me too much time. Creating a scenario only with the editor (without scripts) is already complicated and time consuming enough. ;)

> ... see for example also the Worlds.ocf folder and its scenarios.

Unfortunately, I can not open this file(s). There comes are some error messages in the log:

Original (german):
Datei nicht gefunden oder ungültig.: C:/Program Files/OpenClonk/Worlds.ocf
FATALER FEHLER: Programm abgebrochen.
Spiel deinitialisiert.

translated (english):
File not found or invalid .: C:/Program Files/OpenClonk/Worlds.ocf
FATAL ERROR: Program aborted.
Game deinitialisiert.
Parent - - By Caesar [gb] Date 2018-08-24 00:26
Odd.. as the easy way out, you can view them throgh github.
Parent - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-24 15:02

>Odd.. as the easy way out, you can view them throgh github.

Thanks, the whole files look very interesting, but too complicated. Have copied and tried out some of the corresponding files, e.g. Goldrush.ocs or GemGrabbers.ocs (ParametersDefs.txt, StringTblDE.txt, StringTblUS and Script.c), but unfortunately I have NOT been able to select the level of difficulty for my scenario before starting.

I even tried the example of the OpenClonk Documentation for the ParametersDef.txt  - without success.
Parent - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-28 15:16
Now it worked. By mistake I had in the ParameterDefs.txt 2x [ParameterDef] written above, instead of only 1x and it has strangely enough worked. So I can now choose the difficulty level at the beginning and also the tests of my scenarios were so far without errors (after some adjustments of the other files: Script.c, ...).

This is my ParameterDefs.txt:

[ParameterDef]
[ParameterDef]

Name=$Difficulty$
Description=$DescDifficulty$
ID=Difficulty
Default=1
  [Options]
    [Option]
    Name=$Easy$
    Description=$DescEasy$
    Value=1

[Option]
    Name=$Hard$
    Description=$DescHard$
    Value=2

[ParameterDef]
ID=Done
Achievement=Done
  [Options]

[Option]
    Description=$AchvEasy$
    Value=1

[Option]
    Description=$AchvHard$
    Value=3
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Treasure Island (Die Schatz-Insel)