Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Openclonk Split screen for multi player on single computer?
- - By Destroy [us] Date 2019-01-09 05:59
I was playing Openclonk one day and i noticed that i could join lots of different players at once.
Is this for split screen? If so, how can i assign a controller or keyboard and mouse to other players.
I already use LAN anyway, but it would be nice if i could play on a big screen with other people.

Destroy
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2019-01-09 10:25
Yes, you have indeed found the split screen feature. Unfortunately, it's currently not functional. Supporting multiple keyboards/mice on one computer is not (easily) possible. The goal here is to have just one keyboard/mouse player and the remaining players using controllers.

If you have the latest (8.1) release and a compatible gamepad, you can try changing some of your players to gamepad in the player settings. If you then add these players in-game, splitscreen will kind of work. The big thing that doesn't work is the inventory menu: you can't control it at all with the gamepad, and I believe it doesn't render correctly with split-screen. We are going to fix that in the future.

For now, the only way to play with multiple players is with multiple computers over the network.
Parent - - By Anonymous [us] Date 2019-01-10 04:13
Ok, thanks.

What are some compatible gamepads?

Destroy
Parent - By Luchs Date 2019-01-10 11:07
All XInput-based controllers should work, which includes all Xbox (360/One) controllers as well as PS and Steam controllers with appropriate emulation software. In theory, all other gamepads with a similar layout should work as well, but that depends on a translation database in SDL that probably doesn't contain any less-popular gamepads. Of course, we will have to improve this for a future release with proper gamepad and split-screen support.
Up Topic General / General / Openclonk Split screen for multi player on single computer?