Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / AI Players in singleplayer mode
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2019-02-23 17:36
When playing scenarios in multiplayer mode it is possible for some scenarios to add Script Players to the game. If you just want to play a singleplayer game with AI players that are added in the lobby you'll need to host a multiplayer game to do so, but when starting a singleplayer game the usual way you simply don't have the lobby but rather start directly into the game (and select your team before spawning if the scenario has teams set). Although there are just very few scenarios yet of which I know that use this feature I think that there should be a way to set up the teams and AI players like one would do in a multiplayer game in the lobby. Maybe this could be done by opening a non-internet lobby for scenarios that include teams and/or (Script-)AI players.
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2019-02-23 21:01
There was recently someone on IRC who was confused by the two separate menus for creating network games and non-network games. Maybe we could unify this to just one menu that always ends up in the lobby.
Parent - By Caesar [jp] Date 2019-02-24 15:17
Hm. Two things that need an elegant solution if the menu for single player games is consolidated into the one for network games:
- Starting rounds that require more than one player
- The devoid-of-function chat area in the lobby

But except for those two, I think it's a good idea.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / AI Players in singleplayer mode