Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Ability to save is 'hidden' from new players
- - By johanp Date 2019-03-16 22:50
Hi there!  New Clonk player here.

I've just lost an hour or more of play progress in a mission, because I couldn't see any way to save the game, and had to exit for real-life reasons.

Losing the progress prompted me to go dig into the default control assignments screen, where I saw "F" brings up a menu of some sort - turns out this has a nice intuitive way to save the game.

For new players, this can be a pretty frustrating thing, and is very easy to overcome - a little note somewhere during the Wipf tutorial would do the trick nicely.

3 cheers for having done a wonderful job with this game!
Parent - - By Caesar [jp] Date 2019-03-23 06:12
If nobody minds, I'll just change [Esc] to open the Player Menu that is currently on [F] and leave everything else untouched. There already is a Quit button in the Player Menu which opens the Abort Round dialogue currently on [Esc].

I'm thinking that keeping [F] is unnecessary, but unsure whether I should really remove it.
Parent - By Caesar [jp] Date 2019-03-23 16:25
Meh. I just realized that the [F]-menu is a per-player menu that imho shouldn't be containing global stuff like Saving. Makes this a bit ugly, but I guess I'll still roll with it.
Parent - By Sven2 [us] Date 2019-03-23 18:45
Perhaps you could center the menu and change its menu style to use the large double-row layout? Then it would be a bit more visible than some tiny panel openening in the bottom left corner.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Ability to save is 'hidden' from new players