Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Some sound effects
- - By Ape [fi] Date 2009-07-18 15:05
I decided to get some sound effects for the game. I used Freesound.org (all free to use / modify as they are licensed as CC-Sampling+) as the source and modified the sounds a little to fit the game. I also updated the AUTHORS file to have attribution for the original sound creators. I finished totally 12 sound effects. This archive has the sounds on their places in Sound.c4g and the new AUTHORS file: http://ape3000.com/hosted/clonk/sounds.tar.gz

Please give as much feedback as you can. Many of the sounds are great, but please say if you don't like some of them.
Parent - By Ape [fi] Date 2009-07-18 16:54
Those hurt voices were from Freesound, but I also tried to make them by myself. http://ape3000.com/hosted/clonk/clonkvoice.tar.gz
Parent - - By Newton [es] Date 2009-07-22 13:37 Edited 2009-07-22 13:40
My feedback:

• I like the wood hit sounds.

• RockHit3 sounds like someone hit the micro with his finger, RockHit1 sounds like two small stones hit each other (rather than one stone hits the earth)

• The splash sounds are cut and sound like the sound is created by someone splashing with his hand rather than something (big) hitting the surface of the water

• Good Blast sounds are always hard to find. Blast3 now sounds a bit like an explosion more far away (and has 600kb) but still I like the Blast sound. Perhaps one can fade out the sound faster so that its not quite as long.

Overall, very good work! Thank you Ape. Now I know Günther has a different opinion and neither of us is a lawyer to know what's the right thing to do. But I for my part would like to keep better track of the authors and licenses. Thus, writing down which sound is from whom and under which license. E.g. like this.

If not stated otherwise, the licenses for sound effects fall under the CC Sampling plus license.

Max Mustermann - WoodHit1, WoodHit2, RockHit1, Hurt
Boris Müller (License: CC-BY 2.0) - Blast2, Blast3

Do you think you can still gather that information? Additionally, we don't need to display their profiles page in the AUTHORS file, the (Nick)Name and license is enough.
Parent - By Ape [fi] Date 2009-07-22 18:02
Anton Woldhek - WoodHit1, WoodHit2
TicTacShutUp - Click
Benboncan - Blast3
AGFX - Splash1, Splash2
kwandalist - RockHit1, RockHit2, RockHit3
thecheeseman - Hurt1, Hurt2, Hurt3, Die
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-08-02 09:33
I like most of the sounds you have collected, especially the dying and hurt sounds. I have to agree with Newton, the splashes seem unfitting for large objects breaking the surface. It would fit very well for Clonks walking through water, though.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2009-09-29 18:13
I put everything except the WoodHit and Splash-Sounds plus RockHit3 into the repository. I tested WoodHit ingame and it sounded reaally odd. The splash sounds would be better for walking through water or some small waterfall or something.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Some sound effects