Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / [Request] Development Team (locked)
- - By Newton [es] Date 2009-05-18 10:39
Now, the source is out and there should be nothing to hold us now to develop the game content. To contribute from time to time stuff like sounds & small objects is fine, but creating a complete and consistent object pack requires some coordination - and a core team. So I'll ask in general: Who would like to take part in the core development of the main object pack and is at the same time experienced enough from other projects?

Since campaigns can only be started as soon as the object pack is half-finished, I am only talking about object development.

I am not sure if I myself will take part in this. I feel like doing this but I tend to spend way more time on it then I wanted in effect. We can also split up the whole big stuff in several smaller projects with various teams.
Parent - By Jeason [de] Date 2009-05-18 13:17
What means "experienced enough from other projects?" How did i know that i´m good enough?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-18 13:42
I do :)

>nothing to hold us now to develop the game content

Well, the rendering of models should be working.. :)
(Including a bone-based (??) animation system and C4Script functions to affect it)
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2009-05-18 14:04
good idea, but hard to implement and the results could maybe have less quality than a re-rendered model.
it would be nearly impossible to integrate real 3D Models into OC (then you have to go to gwX), but we could implement a bone-based image-morphing and stretching.
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2009-05-18 19:27

> it would be nearly impossible to integrate real 3D Models into OC

No, it wouldn't. You'll have to either clear the Z-Buffer, render to a texture, sort the polygons or maybe do some other trick if you want to prevent objects from partially overlapping, but otherwise there's no big difference between a model using lots of polygons and one using about two.
Parent - By Newton [es] Date 2009-05-18 16:18
Proper graphics can be added in the process
Parent - By Simsi [de] Date 2009-05-18 14:02
When making Graphics is included in "take part in the core development" I would take part. =)
Hopefully I'm qualified enough...
Parent - By Compufreak [de] Date 2009-05-18 15:41
I will help, but i can't before july.

I'm the scripter of Pandoras Strike and Pandoras Strike II (development). I hope this is enough experience :D
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2009-05-18 16:10
I'll also help. I'm the scripter of Luftherrschaft and I scripted a scenario, Deep Down (Melee) (<3).
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2009-05-18 18:00
Not really endless leisure, but why not?
Parent - By Kanibal [de] Date 2009-05-18 18:04
I don't know, whether I can do so much, but yes, I'm in. (Projectleader of the AegyptusPack, Crypted Scripting, 3 years of clonk)
Parent - By Enrique [de] Date 2009-05-18 18:11
I would do as much as i can.
Parent - - By Wertilq [se] Date 2009-05-18 18:59
Appointing clonkgods?! Madness! At least you require to do some big test to become demigods(like Hercules or something like that)

On a more serious note, how are you going to take in people that's not big in the german community or famous to you?
I personally doesn't have time or experience for this, I maybe help with something lesser, it was just a question.
Parent - - By Luchs [de] Date 2009-05-18 21:52

>how are you going to take in people that's not big in the german community

Everything here would be in German if nobody else was taken.
Parent - By Wertilq [se] Date 2009-05-19 11:42
Yes obviously, but the question was more how than why :P
Parent - By Newton [es] Date 2009-05-18 23:14 Edited 2009-05-18 23:17
I mentioned other projects so that one could look at the source they produced. And I said "one" and not "I" in the first sentence because I am still not sure if I want to have a role in creating the game content. With this thread, I try to get the stone rolling since I have the impression everyone is very motivated but still waiting for someone saying "OK, GO!".
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2009-05-18 20:24
I would also like to be in the team. If modell rendering would be implemented I also would like to have a try to bring the new clonk in the game as a modell.
Parent - By Shadow [de] Date 2009-05-18 21:54
yeah I'm in too. Really don't know what I can do but let's see. I learning Blender this times so I can create some testgrafics? Let's see
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2009-05-18 23:39
        -^

cheep
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-05-19 14:05
I'd like to help, but I don't know how helpfull I really am...
Parent - By Icewing [de] Date 2009-05-19 14:07
I would like to help. I am a scripter of packs like QuakeR or Luftherrschaft and I did various other things.
Parent - By LoneS [fi] Date 2009-05-19 15:58
I would like to help but I'll be spending most of this year in military service! You guys better have done something good when I'm through with it, though.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2009-05-19 16:24
Whether I can be considered capable of taking part in object development is not up to me to decide. Since I have no really references to objects or scenarios I made, I can only state that I am interested in taking part in object development for OpenClonk.  
Parent - - By MrBeast [de] Date 2009-05-20 14:23
I would like to help. I have a lot of experience in C4Script, C++ and 2DGraphics. I also know the basics of 3DGraphics.
Parent - By henry [de] Date 2009-06-01 15:58
He just want to infect Clonk with Qt!!1 </joke>
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2009-05-20 15:06
I would like to help too. I'm good at making soundtrack and sounds. I already uploaded some examples in the sound studio.
Parent - By Fireknight [ch] Date 2009-05-24 11:31 Edited 2009-05-24 11:38
I'd like too. But I'm not sure if I'm experienced  enough because I did not take place in other 'big' projects yet. (The only thing I might show you are my snippets in the Scriptproject at ClonkWiki)
I could do some scripting, creating Graphics & Co... no way. (Just some basic things with 2D-Paths)
(But yes, I can use svn and that stuff ;))
Parent - - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-06-01 13:25 Edited 2009-06-01 13:27
Yeah, i would like to help, too. Maybe I'm not a script pro, but scenrario scripts and global ones are my "specialities". Btw I'm learning more and more, so I could be a greater help. ;)

PS: If CMC gets released... you'll see some of my skills, you can also dowload my Hazard maps on CC.
Parent - By henry [de] Date 2009-06-01 15:58
CMC 4 OpenClonk! :D
Parent - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2009-06-01 14:06
I'd like to help in the landscape designing. On CCAN I've some maps there. I have approximately 5-6 years of training on this stuff. Especially well, I am in the designing of traditional maps, or temple/ruins or whatever. :)
Parent - By Maddin Date 2009-06-01 20:37
I want to be graphics designer! :D

My skills with Blender are quiet good.
Parent - By B_E [de] Date 2009-06-05 19:41
I'd would do some scripting and I'm eager to help ;)
I've done some smaller rounds with more or less complex scripts, examples would be Blackfield AI, Small gravity melee and many other smaller rounds, nothing really released on CCAN.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2009-06-11 21:03
So why does nobody take the object graphics we have and put them into objects? If you can demonstrate that you are capable of good work, you'll probably* get commit access, which will give you more control in the direction of the game, so there's even a small incentive ;-)

* Isilkor decides that because he runs the server, but I'm sure he'll decide wisely.
Parent - - By Simsi [de] Date 2009-06-12 16:19
Is here already a form of how to create an object? I mean which files must it include and what DefCore-entries?
Or ist it like the "old" Clonk?
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2009-06-12 16:49
At the moment, there aren't any significant changes beyond high resolution graphics. My plans to change that are mostly of the kind that can be automatically done with scripts.
Parent - - By Maddin Date 2009-06-16 13:26
Well, as Newton said, we're probably waiting for somebody to say "Okay, go!". :3
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2009-06-16 23:03
I think it's time to stop waiting on each other. Sure, somebody might later implement some new features that will obsolete some work, but if we let that stop us, nothing will ever get done. So take some graphics and put them into objects, or read the concepts which got posted and implement them. If it works, I'll put it into the repos. (That reminds me of the Graphics.c4g contributions. Ups.)
Parent - - By Maddin Date 2009-06-17 13:53
I thought that we are going to use 3D-Models. So why making 2D-Graphics any more? :o
There are enough test-objects I suppose.
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2009-06-17 14:13
No, there's an agreement that 3d models would be a good idea not nobody who's actively working on it. If you don't want to put lots of work into 2d graphics because of that, you can use placeholders.
Parent - By KKenny [de] Date 2009-06-15 18:11
I'd like to help (because Zapper forces me!) - Scripting and small, simple graphics
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-07-13 00:20
I would also like to help in development. My C4script knowledge is basic, but I am fairly good at 3D modelling and 2D spritework, having developed skills in both over the last 3-4 years.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2009-07-13 02:30
First of all: click the reply link below the posting you want answer to not the one of the last posting in the thread ;)
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2009-07-13 11:22
I'm sorry for commenting the topic this late... but my free time is rare at the moment.

Developing game content already? This seems far too early to me.  Sure the basic objects are there but there exists no proper game concept, does it?

Sure there are the "Ideas and Concepts"-threads, but they are not detailed enough in my opinion...
Parent - By Newton [es] Date 2009-07-13 13:17
Sheesh. See my reply to the Jazz-post.
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / [Request] Development Team (locked)