Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / #openclonk-dev
- - By Newton [es] Date 2009-05-22 14:38
I think it is a good idea to further separate from the classic clonk community. #clonkdev has been used for Clonk development plus later the betatesters plus later the people who saw it as a privilege to be there and now the people who are interested in the openclonk development.

What do you think of go to the network freenode.org (as euirc is mainly German and freenode is mainly for free software?)?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-22 14:42

>freenode.org

A different network? :/
I think we shouldn't split the different clonk channels over two networks. It's more comfortable to just connect to one network and have all the channels there

>#clonkdev has been used for Clonk development plus later the betatesters plus later the people who saw it as a privilege to be there

Do you want another channel because there are a lot of people idling in #clonkdev?
Parent - - By Enrique [de] Date 2009-05-22 17:03
Well a new channel would be better because in #clonkdev sometimes only rubbish is discussed, while also not everyone is interrested in helping to develop OC. But i would stay on the same network, because it is uncomfortable to swtich between both networks.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-05-22 17:13
You think, a new channel would fix the OT-problem? Ever tried that? ;S
Parent - By Maddin Date 2009-05-22 18:55
Kickbanning offtopic-guys ftw. :p
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2009-05-22 18:58
Most people who have been in #clonkdev up until now are also involved in OpenClonk in some way, so I don't think we need to switch for this reason... plus I dislike having to join yet another channel for not to miss any interesting discussions. freenode might be an argument, though.
Parent - Date 2009-05-23 00:03
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-05-23 11:57
Would freenode make more people participate in openclonk?
Parent - By MrBeast [de] Date 2009-05-23 12:17
Freenode is the network where all the openSource People are hanging arround. There are many (open source) software-specific channels,,, (support channels, chat channels, developer channels and so on...). I am normally in euIRC only for clonk, while i am in FreeNode for Blender, Gimp, openSUSE, GCC, KDE. (For getting and giving support and simply for chatting.)
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / #openclonk-dev