Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Clonk made of single parts
- - By kevda [de] Date 2009-05-27 16:39
Hello!
My idea is quit simple but hard to converse.
The idea is to setup a clonkgraphic from single graphics, without using any kind of animation.
With this way of building up a clonk, it could be very easy to create new clonks, by just changing some graphics of the clonkpart.
But

This concept shouldnt replace the current clonkgraphics. It should exist side by side.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-27 17:10
The idea is to render the graphics ingame using a 3D-model. That's even better than to make an animation out of single parts :)
Parent - - By Methos [de] Date 2009-05-29 12:32
I don't think so. And would it be downwardly compatible?
Parent - By Maddin Date 2009-05-29 13:48
We dont want downward compatibility.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-29 15:08 Edited 2009-05-30 09:10

>And would it be downwardly compatible?

See MethosMaddin. That's indeed the whole point about this new, clean version of Clonk. Just to screw downward compatibility and do cool stuff we couldn't do otherwise.
Parent - - By Maddin Date 2009-05-30 07:23

>See Methos.

Er, you mean...
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-30 09:07
Sorry, right
Parent - - By Methos [de] Date 2009-05-30 19:03
I actually was speaking about using also 2-d images, not about other clonk titles.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-30 20:29
I don't get you. You were speaking about if 2D-images would be downward compatible? And you weren't speaking about other clonk titles? Since this is the Open Clonk Forum and downward compatibility would refer to (at least) Clonk Rage you had to be speaking about at least two clonk titles. I really don't get what you mean.

PS: Where were you actually speaking about 2D-images?
Parent - - By Methos [de] Date 2009-05-31 16:00

>PS: Where were you actually speaking about 2D-images?

Yes. I was speaking about using downward methods "2-d"-sprites in OpenClonk.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-05-31 19:32

>Yes. I was speaking about using downward methods "2-d"-sprites in OpenClonk.

"Where" with an 'h' means "wo". I may have misunderstood you but I just don't know at the moment where you spoke about using downward compatible sprites.
Parent - By Carli [de] Date 2009-05-29 13:11
That's a good Idea. Like the canon tower with it's canon we can use legs and arms for the Clonk body.
Maybe other clonks like hazard clonk or knight can use a replaced graphics which only contains a oversized texture containing _one_ leg and _one_ arm  -  no animation.
Let's research 2D-Models with 2D-Bones: http://gpwiki.org/index.php/OpenGL:Tutorials:Basic_Bones_System
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-22 18:55
I came up to this idea before too, and I think it`s quite good. This will make easier to create new animations for new actions. Change appearance of a clonk when equipping your character with armors/helmets/weapons/whatever, as well as it would make creating new clonk types easier. Animating clonks like that would be quite simple - just rotating and positioning bodyparts. No need for physics over here.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Clonk made of single parts