Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Blast residue
- - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2009-06-01 14:31
I think it would look good if an explosion has blown a material, and a darker "wall" is there, like the image I post. This could happen if someone throws a flint against a material, like gold or something else. The darker graphics / particles would have to adjust the material. And it would be nice, when there's a bit of random. Discuss. :)

Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-06-01 18:03
Like the Hazard burn marks?
Parent - - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2009-06-01 18:39
Yes, but in Hazard the marks are away fast.
I mean: The marks have to be on tunnel material the whole game.
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2009-06-01 19:44
Could be made within using another material texture, right (for example replace the burned area by the material "Tunnel-Explosion" or something like this)?
Parent - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2009-06-01 19:55
Yes exacly, thats I meant.
Parent - - By kevda [de] Date 2009-06-03 21:00
Instead of changing the material to a new one, it would be more intelligent to change just the color of the material at that certain position? Or am i wrong?
Parent - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2009-06-04 10:43
I meant the same Effect, how it is by the granite material.-> When, for example, a flint is throwing at the granit, then the material would changed, if someone throws a flint again ot the same place, the the granite part would changed to rock. Now I mean the same fot the tunnel-material. First someone throws a flint against a material, then the part of the tunnel would change into a darker color.
Parent - By henry [de] Date 2009-06-05 18:11
This results in strange effects when you dig (again) at that position. :I
Parent - By Biber [de] Date 2009-06-14 18:37
I would like this burnmarks on buildings. I also made this sugesstion in the CR-bugtracker: http://www.clonk.de/bugtrack/view.php?id=2222
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-22 19:30
Good idea, also in my opinion the background should be a bit more complex. There should be more background materials (now there are two - rock, and transparent). The background should contain more layers (blue sky, 2-3 layers of clouds, fog and birds flying in the sky, etc.).
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Blast residue