Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Amounts.
- - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-25 09:47
I think, that someone should define amount of stones blasted out of terrain, amount of gold acquired from selling and material cost for buildings in comparision to Clonk Rage.

I think about something like that:
Clonks should have at least 3 items inventory space, and 1-2 additional slots for tools (like shovel, pick-axe, etc. they could be contained in normal slots too)
Wood - 6-8 from smaller trees, 11-15 from medium, and 18-26 from large trees
Stones - At least 3x more than in CR should appear from blast. Also in my opinion stones should be physical objects, that collide other objects and terrain, so after destroying a stone massif, there would be a biiig heap of rubble instead of just ground covered with them.
Building cost for:
                 Wood - Around 3x more as in CR
                 Metal - 1x - 2x as much as in CR
                 Stone - 4x as much as in CR
Metal ores - There should be more ores in ground instead of big ore ledges. Also ground should be composed from many various ground types with slightly varying colour and different amounts of ores of some metals. Also ores should contain from 25% to 75% of metal, rest would be just dirt. 100% amount of each material would be required to make metal piece.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2009-06-25 10:50
Just increasing every amount you get and you need just increases the time you need to accomplish e.g. a construction. I don't think we should focus on time increasing but on more gameplay depth like additional obstacles (more different building material or so - see newton's new thread).
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-25 11:24
But with increasing Clonks inventory space that would not increase building time, but it would just differ the amounts needed, and give more control of materials needed to build buildings. Also it would enable things like making building cost 20% higher/smaller, as scaling amounts would be more accuarte. And more natural of course, but I`m not one of main developers ( :/ ), so that is not my decision.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2009-06-25 13:32
@Stones: Good Idea. Maybe the polygon landscape is then split into smaller polygons that can be rolled away.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-25 13:42
Wait! You said polygons? Noooo... do not tell me, that you`re going to abandon pixel landscapes?
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2009-06-25 13:43
polygon landscape is the future i think.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-25 13:45
But not for clonk, pixel-based landscape was my favourite part of clonk...
Could you at least post some screenshots, and give me some info about how game looks (and works) with this?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-06-25 14:44

>But not for clonk, pixel-based landscape was my favourite part of clonk...

Why? In theory the player will not really notice any huge difference

>Could you at least post some screenshots, and give me some info about how game looks (and works) with this?

Since it is not yet implemented, I will just answer "no" :)
There is a thread about polygon landscape somewhere, have a look there if you want further informations
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2009-06-25 19:25
So you are strongly against it, yet have no idea how it will look like?
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2009-06-26 12:51
I have idea, I know few games with polygon landscape, but changing a tileset-based game into pixel-based won`t work, same for turning pixel-based game into polygon/tileset-based, they are just different league of games, of course - Clonks with polygon landscape will probably be still very fun to play (maybe even more fun to play than pixel-based), but they would not be the same game longer. It is a bit like making sequel of RTS a tactic shooter - still fun to play, but not what you would expect from that game, most of OC players will probably be fan of previous Clonk titles, and they will expect pixel-based game, even if it will be better probably some people won`t give it even a chance.

PS.: Sorry for posting spam-like messages about polygon-landscape earlier, but back then I was kind of shocked with this fact. In the end it is your decision, hope you will choose wisely(even if it will mean abandoning pixel-landscape).
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2009-06-26 13:58

>even if it will be better probably some people won`t give it even a chance.

Then it's their problem. Nobody is forced to play that game.
Parent - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-06-26 14:29

>Why? In theory the player will not really notice any huge difference

You see.
Parent - By Enrique [de] Date 2009-06-26 13:00
I think, if the clonk can carry the triple, and the bulding costs the tripple, the only effect is, than i an melee you can take instead of one Flint 3(Tera)Flints.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Amounts.