Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
- - By Marky [de] Date 2009-07-15 18:46
What I really would like to see is the possibility for several menus to be open at the same time (sort of like buy option menu and normal menu), and the possibility to assign a start position to a menu, or at least the possibility to create a GUI of some sort. Any suggestions here, maybe I can code this myself.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2009-07-15 20:07
That feature request doesn't have anything with global function cleanup, does it? (It's mostly about changing the notion that there's only one menu per crewmember, once you have multiple menu instances they should mostly work.)
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2009-07-15 20:54
I assumed that it woul fit here because there was a discussion about changing parameters of other functions in this thread as well, and the implementation of the requested features would certainly mean adding new parameters to the existing function (such as adding "int iMenu" to access a specific menu ). I just felt that the post doesn't belong to the other parameter discussion further above, so I decided to reply to the original post.

I guess further questions on the implementation of this feature belongs in #clonkdev?
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2009-07-16 02:08 Edited 2009-07-16 02:13
It was a feature request in a thread about feature removal/redesign. It's now a thread which hopefully will attract suggestions on how to improve menus in general :-)

But I'm not sure that we can substantially improve on the current common menu - it's made for selection among several equal choices, and does a good job for that. Anything else probably requires a custom design to be really good.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2009-07-16 08:58
I'd like to have menus like gwX, i.e. you can define a Renderscript and you can also react on key events, so you can handle some M&M-Menus (with helper objects) as "real" menus. With this method, it's also necessary to define some standard-menu-interfaces like "2d-menu" or "context-menu"
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2009-07-17 01:51
Custom keyboard definitions for menus are possible already in the PlrCtrl branch.

A render script would destroy the design of synchronized scripting. Also, I don't see any advantage compared to object-based graphics. We might need some additional objects graphics options that allow us to have lines and filled polygons as graphics.
Parent - By Carli [de] Date 2009-07-17 09:05

>the design of synchronized scripting

oh, sorry, your're right.
but maybe run the script engine in a "sync-mode" that forbids Random(), SetPosition() etc.