Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Personal Introductions
1 2 3 Previous Next
Parent - By Milligold [us] Date 2015-10-07 00:32
Thank you.  I'll look into the 6.0 version.

And in regards to the ping feature, that looks like it would be very useful for North American users and I'm interesting in helping.  I'm still getting acquainted with the code and documentation, but this would be a great first step for me.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2015-10-07 03:08

> For playing, I have to say I share the graphic bug :/ (I also use an Intel card) - hope it gets fixed soon.

Actually I made an attempt to fix this last weekend, but I cannot test it because it doesn't happen on my hardware. If one of you can try with a current snapshot and could give feedback that would be much appreciated.
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2015-10-07 10:14
Unfortunately the error is still there.

But the good news is, another one is gone: I had invisible landscape materials on Intel on top of that, since the day you temporarily enabled scaling textures on September 19th. (on nvidea they worked the whole time)
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2015-10-07 14:25

> Unfortunately the error is still there.

Damn. If you are able to compile the engine and would like to work more on this, it would be helpful to know whether the problem exists with any of these commits: 77383de, f0579f7, d6f219a.

Given that the current version still doesn't work, my suspicion is that we can only get this to work properly by going back to doing skeletal animation on the CPU (for some hardware) :(

> But the good news is, another one is gone

If I had to guess that's because of Peter's shader overhaul.
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2015-10-07 16:47
Hm.. Now that I think of it: Newton actually worked on debugging the error and build an engine for himself that fixed the bug on his machine. He also tracked it down to a certain commit. However, the engine he build didn't work on my computer. We tried to use this fix for the streaming Event.

He might be able to help.

> If you are able to compile the engine and would like to work more on this

I shiver from the though of compiling something, but if other options end in a dead end, I'd do it if someone guide's me through it :)
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2015-10-07 17:13
My fix from last weekend is actually based on Newton's comment in the bugtracker, so I would expect it to work for him. Now if his engine didn't work for you and my fix doesn't either, that's consistent at least.

Peter just updated the "compiling the engine" guide a few days ago. On the other hand, it's pretty clear to me what's going on now. Your hardware just can't do the "normal" way, and the workaround produces incorrect results because of a driver bug. I wonder whether we could work around that bug with some GLSL acrobatics. Will try to come up with some suggestions tonight. In the worst case, we could introduce an option which turns off hardware skinning and do it in software.
- By Zeer [de] Date 2016-06-20 20:01
hi,

I'm Jonathan, 31 (Mainz - GER) and was playing clonk 4, planet, the gwe and CE. CR i was skipping more or less, but still tested it. I started playing open clonk again this year.
I never was developing a lot, but i like some quick and dirty ways clonk offers to get some of your own fingerprint into the missions.

i am still trying to beat all the worlds where i got some more troubles than in beating all the missions (on insane). i am looking forward to give some feedback and am active in the IRC as well.

cheers,

Jonathan
- - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2017-08-29 11:41 Edited 2017-08-30 08:01
Hi. My name is Alex.

I used to play OpenClonk several years ago (back when version 5.0 released). After a long break I installed the current version (7.0, I believe) to check how things were going.

I can say, I am quite amazed by how much work has been done already. From the days Clonk Zoom was introduced the game traveled a long path, and now totally looks like a solid product which is enjoyable to play.

Even though I am a bit troubled by optimization issues (I am unable to play it in windowed mode - it lags like crazy), I am still going to play it from time to time. Because it is fun. Plus the fact that all of this was developed by a small team of enthusiasts gives me some nice warm feelings.

Thanks for the amazing work, guys. Keep it up!
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-08-29 21:29
Thanks for the kind words. :)
Up Topic General / General / Personal Introductions
1 2 3 Previous Next