Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Rest of the buildings
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-11 17:18
Ill stop spamming the art board with new posts and put the rest of my stuff here.
I streamlined my workflow so its faster and more organic.

btw I didn't intend to stop settlement development by redesigning stuff.

Following: Food related stuff. Concept of the Oven and first idea for grain production... don't like it. Also as always a dummy in outfit to get into the mood...

Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-02-11 18:56

> btw I didn't intend to stop settlement development by redesigning stuff.

It's not only redesigning but also a more connected design of the new buildings. But you're not stopping it but rather boosting ;)

I like the oven!
Parent - - By boni [at] Date 2012-02-12 13:36

>Ill stop spamming the art board with new posts and put the rest of my stuff here.

But, but,... it's nice to see all that activity. :(

>btw I didn't intend to stop settlement development by redesigning stuff.

I think the feedback from everybody was a bit harshly formulated. We love your sketches, but as it is it'd be better to have at least a dummy graphic for everything so the implementation can be done. (Although it'll suck to polish everything afterward. %()

>Following: Food related stuff. Concept of the Oven and first idea for grain production... don't like it.

It looks sweet. But somehow not like an oven/kitchen per se. More like a witchs den? :D
I guess that's why you don't like it?

>Also as always a dummy in outfit to get into the mood...

Love 'em. I want them as clonks. :(
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2012-02-12 20:23

>Love 'em. I want them as clonks. :(

+1!
Parent - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-13 15:13
Thank you for your kind words. It's really nice to know you like it.
Parent - - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2012-02-12 15:12
Is there a secret tool to create this brilliant design?
A have seen them many times but I wished there would be much more.

If there were beauty competition for dummy you definetly would win them.

>Ill stop spamming the art board with new posts and put the rest of my stuff here.
>btw I didn't intend to stop settlement development by redesigning stuff.

You are the only one posting there, who is responsible for increasing activity.
Your release speed and your visible result are much more concrete then the default development stuff.

PS: Your pictures are grey, so everybody can imagine them like they want. (Increasing brain activity->increased intrest)
Parent - - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-13 15:17
I didn't want to have a whole site with my name on the postings.

Unfortunately today I can't post new stuff cause my Internet is down. Can only use it with the mobile phone. :(
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2012-02-13 16:38
Relax. I used to do the same thing on the off-topic section of the old forum. No-one will mind.
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2012-02-12 22:32
i really love this.
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-14 15:42
As I said, rest of my stuff goes here. Might get a bit random...

At the moment (besides the other buildings) I'm thinking about the appearance of the plants and trees... today I had a fun idea about the ripening of cotton :D

Obviously its inspired by popcorn. I think most of us never saw a cotton bush ripen so we could just pretend it is like this :) The rest of the plant is botanically correct as far as I can judge...
Also, we should think of a good way to handle plants. I don't like the approach that the plants just litter the landscape with their fruits. Something like that existed in the old clonk titles some time and it was annoying. Maybe we make harvesting like cutting a tree but with a different tool? Harvesting knife or sickle or sth.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-02-14 16:13
A sickle or scythe was proposed for harvesting. Feel free to do something in that direction. :)

/e
On quick note: A sickle would be easier because no distinct clonk animation is needed. But that's a minor issue.
Parent - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-14 16:15
Nice I will!!  ... eventually... try
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-14 17:20
I could do a sickle :3
Parent - Date 2012-02-14 17:30
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-16 13:58
hm, could we move the discussion... its not exactly art related.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2012-02-16 18:20
done
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Rest of the buildings