Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Balloon
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-14 15:49 Edited 2012-03-04 18:15
Yet... I might need another post :D

I'm also thinking about the balloon and I would like to hear what you think; without cluttering the other post.
I was thinking we could have it light up like a lamp when rising. Like in the picture below. The mechanism could and probably will change a great deal but the basic concept gets clear. What do you think. It could make for a nice effect.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2012-02-15 16:48
Once again: EPIC NICE Picture

The concept looks good but i don't know if its possible to animate textures.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-02-15 17:15

> The concept looks good but i don't know if its possible to animate textures.

It is.
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-15 17:31
Animating the texture might not give convincing results for each situation though. During the night, it could look fake. Maybe an additional additive overlay as "light" could help. (What about real lights? Do we have those?)
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2012-02-15 18:40
Just adding SSS on the Texture and there you go !
Parent - - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-16 14:10
Actually the light in the pictures is also just an overlay.
Do we have day and night in the game? If yes we just make the unlit balloon a little darker than the sky and the lit one brighter. If it gets night it can just get better. The higher the contrast the better it should look.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-02-16 14:26

> Do we have day and night in the game?

Yes
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-03-04 18:13
So here I am again. Freshly moved back to Germany. Trying to make a good start and get creative again.

Some more thoughts on the Balloon. Just a fast sketch. Want to hear what you guys think of the idea before I start detailing...

Parent - By boni [at] Date 2012-03-04 18:26
Love it. It has that certain wackyness (is that even a word?) compaired to the normal balloon.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-03-05 11:34
looks good, but the platform looks a little too small to carry a clonk and a lorry or multiple objects in general.
Parent - - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2012-03-06 17:56
the balloons are to deep this would hide clonks and other tall objects
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-03-06 18:23
I would guess that the balloons themself would be behind Clonks :)
Parent - - By Fungiform Date 2012-03-07 00:39
Actually just some ropes and stuff are hanging into the area where the Clonks are and that should be in the back.
I'm also looking into a version that would be compatible with the changeable vehicle types and the balloon as a chassis. In that case there would be only a small platform for the Clonk to stand on so he can operate the vehicle.

The main question here was if there are any objections against splitting the balloon into more than one.
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2012-03-07 17:37

>The main question here was if there are any objections against splitting the balloon into more than one.

Yes. Why this is not already in the game?! .
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Balloon