Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
- - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-07-31 15:56
Hi
I wanted to announce, that I would rewrite the goals, if needed. Actually I'm working on those things:

-Goal Base, like used in CR
-"Various Mine": A variable mining goal, just need to input a material (maybe extend GUI in editor mode? anyways, this could be done through a script-callback) and the goal can be activated from 1 to 10 times, giving the percentage of material mined (1 is 10%, 2 -> 20%, ...).
-Melee and other known goals.

Maybe you have some ideas for goals, let me know it!

PS: I'm away for the next two weeks, so... then I can go on working.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-07-31 16:05

>activated from 1 to 10 times, giving the percentage of material mined (1 is 10%, 2 -> 20%, ...).

Why not making 1 time 100% and lowering the percentage with the amount of goals created? I think it is much more easy to handle if you say "when you activate that goal, you have to mine ALL material of X" and not "if you activate that goal you will have to mine 10% of the material X - so please activate the goal ten times"
Parent - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-07-31 16:17
Hum, ok I had this thought, too, but I wasn't sure, how it could be better.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [es] Date 2009-08-01 13:05
Well. Don't do that. We don't really know whether the old goals are needed anymore. Just don't start with such system objects without having the basic stuff.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-08-01 15:00
I don't really enjoy the old 'mine this' or 'drains this oil' goals. They're pretty boring. As was truthfully said, it can be fun to mine gold, but it isn't fun to search for that one last pixel.

Also a thought... can you have scenario specific variables for the goals? (for instance, bring pObj to [location var], or find and sell [pObj] )
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-08-01 15:24
Once there was a goal on CCAN that gave the player individual quests while playing
Parent - - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-08-16 19:17
But we need some basic goals, so newbies can make small scenarios without knowing C4Script.
Parent - - By Luchs [de] Date 2009-08-16 21:43
Do we really need that? In most cases, these scenarios aren't really fun to play, so I think we rather need some better tutorials which explain how to modify other scenarios only with a little knowledge of C4Script.
Parent - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-08-17 10:29
Yeah... or this.