Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / File Format and Singnature
- - By fritz_rockt [de] Date 2009-08-05 23:00
Im not shure wich Data Type we should use for the Objects.
I dont likethe  idea to keep all scripts, images etc as sepperate files, because than you have to zip / unzip the files if you share them.
And the problems that came up in other Clonk Versions already, the problem with changned packs.
If somebpdy make just a small change in a pack a) you have to load the hole pack b) if you save it you have a probebly buggy version of a pack

I know it dont fits to the "Open"
but i vote for a fileformat simmilar to the old ones (what i mean is one file per Pack)
And i vote for an index with signatures of projects so that its clear that it is an unchanged version

but if you want to change the Pack it might be possible with an patch that overwrites some objects.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-08-06 08:27

>but i vote for a fileformat simmilar to the old ones (what i mean is one file per Pack)

You mean the .c4*-files? Actually, we have not kicked that out. But for developement we have always used unpacked versions of the .c4*-files (since .c4* is also only a zipped archive)
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2009-08-06 11:24

> I dont likethe  idea to keep all scripts, images etc as sepperate files, because than you have to zip / unzip the files if you share them.

That isn't planned. The objects are only stored unpacked inside the repository because you don't get meaningful diffs on binary files.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / File Format and Singnature