Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [request] Glass
- - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-16 21:13
Has anyone ever made a good looking glass texture/material? I tried today, but nothing looks right. I want to have a rather big spherical objects made from glass, filled with liquid.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-02-16 22:36
There is the cockpit window of the airplane, but I think it's only a semi-transparent texture.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2012-02-16 22:40
Perhaps take a really dirty window or [verkalkt] glass, take a photo in front of black background and in gimp create alpha layer from color -> black?
Parent - - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-17 04:27
basic glass material:
Take 100% transparency
IOR of glass (see wikipedia)
and quite high reflection but with a falloff to the rim (so if you look on it from top -> transparent, shallow angle -> high reflection. )
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-17 09:02
Heh, yes - For renders, I could do it this way, but for realtime application, I will be stuck without either refraction or reflection. That why I have to "cheat" the glass somehow.
Parent - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-17 13:21
Cant you pre-render it into a texture the view isn't moving so the reflection and everything is always the same. Even if we move the camera a later it should look ok :/
Parent - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2012-02-17 16:46
If you have thick glass you have to remember that glass is green->turquoise due to iron (ferric/ferrous) or copper.
Only very expensive glass made for solar power plants are (nearly) clear up to 1m
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [request] Glass