Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Roadmap and screenshots?
- - By Anonymous [de] Date 2009-09-26 12:05
I really want to see what you guys have been up to. Is there a roadmap somewhere? The search returned nothing. :(

Also are there screenshots of your progress so far? Or even a video? I'd love to see your changes in action.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-09-26 20:35
It's not, that there is nothing what changed, but I don't think we could make a show of it.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-10-02 21:32
We've been making progress in the art department; but to my knowledge these haven't been implemented in game.
Parent - - By Anonymous [de] Date 2009-10-06 17:09
I could not find a roadmap either. :/ Is there some kind of general idea where this project is heading? I hope there will be no forks ahead.

I'd love to put a few hours into this, but I have no idea what I could do. How about I create a roadmap? ;) Kidding.

PS: Thanks for letting me comment anonymously btw!
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2009-10-06 18:18
http://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?tid=146
This is some kind of "roadmap" like you named it. It is a list of objects which should be in the game.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-10-06 18:59
Does scripting Things already make sense?
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-10-06 19:04
If someone has the time to make placeholder scripted objects. They can always be modified to work with future versions of the engine.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2009-10-07 00:11
Short answer: Yes.

Randrian already committed a few buildings and Maikels energy system. Because the mesh rendering does not completely work yet (w/ textures), the buildings first need to have placeholder graphics or better renderings of the models we have, actually. (Save as Graphics.3.png, three times the size given in the DefCore.txt)
So buildings are the #1 for the things to do. I'd wait a bit for the vehicles and the usable objects (bow, shovel,....) until the Clonk complies to the interface which I posted earlier to being able to properly test it.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2009-10-07 01:36

> Because the mesh rendering does not completely work yet (w/ textures)

What's the problem?
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2009-10-07 10:11
Textures don't show up in the game, just sometimes, when moving the viewport around.
Also there are some problems with the clonk as a mesh. Some Faces are cut away. I think it could be that the bounding box is calculated to small. Later I'll add a screenshot to demonstrate, what I mean.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2009-10-07 13:51

> Later I'll add a screenshot to demonstrate, what I mean.

Actually it would be more helpful if you could link to sample objects (such as the Clonk) with which I can reproduce the faulty behaviour.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Roadmap and screenshots?