Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Just a thought... (locked)
- - By Kerberos [dk] Date 2009-09-30 16:29 Edited 2009-09-30 17:27
I have an unregistered version of clonk and i want the full version but i dont want to pay. (ofcourse i dont :P)
And since the source was released i can see a possibility :D

Is is possible to stop the game from checking if the key? and is there a way to stop the game from blocking a lot of content?
I think there is, i have been looking around a little and found the following in the C4Game.cpp:

[...]

This must be the check of the key file. If i can remove that and compile the script (when i figure out how) i think i can stop the key-check. Now i just need to unlock the rest of the content :P

You think this will work? or am i totally wrong? :)

Thx for your help ^^
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-09-30 16:41

>You think this will work? or am i totally wrong? :)

Well, you CAN disable any key-checks for OpenClonk (most has been removed anyway, because it's going to be free). But you won't be able to use that for ClonkRage. :P
Parent - - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2009-09-30 16:42
If you do this, you can't join games on the internet. No further informations needed, I think.

PS:

>i dont want to pay. (ofcourse i dont :P)

You aren't worthy to play Clonk. :/
Parent - By Kerberos [dk] Date 2009-09-30 16:58
if i can do it i will be happy and i dont care about internetgames since i never play them :P (my routers firewall is f**ked -.-)

anyway thx for the help :)

If i'm not worthy to play clonk, you're not worth my time.       (just kidding :D)
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2009-09-30 16:59
I don't think this is the place where it checks whether the player is registered or not. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to find the correct place. However, since I don't like the direction this is heading into and it doesn't seem to have much to do with OpenClonk I am locking this.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2009-09-30 21:46
One last note about it:
Redwolf Design, the copyright owner of the Clonk engine source relicensed the engine source under the terms of the free ISC license on the condition that the source is sufficiently incompatible to Clonk Rage. Incompatible enough that it is too much of an effort to downgrade the engine to CR only for being able to play the old Clonk Rage game content. That is because RDW still wants to sell Clonk Rage, at least to cover the operating costs for the servers for the league etc.
Personally I think it was a very fair and noble move of RDW to enable the future development of Clonk to be open source. Like us, he is keen to see Clonk further evolve without having a personal gain from that. (How often does this happen in the history of commercial games?) That's why you won't find any people here that would put any effort or even help someone to betray RDWs good intentions towards the Clonk community by creating something like a gratis clone of Clonk Rage. Open source in general and OpenClonk in particular is not about being gratis.
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2009-10-01 12:11
OpenClonk already doesn't block any content. The only differences between a registered and a unregistered version should be the message, and the chat icon. Making the game data compatible should be a matter of running tools/cr_to_cz.py and fixing up the script.
Up Topic General / General / Just a thought... (locked)