Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Linux Desura package maintainer wanted
- - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-22 21:56
Apart from the usual stuff, it is required for Desura to create an update (MCF) file for each architecture.

The only way how this can be done is to create it via the Desura application. The process to create such a file is quite simple - one just has to point Desura to a directory of a fresh install/unpackaged tar and it will create a MCF - which is nothing else than some archive file. This MCF can then be uploaded over the web frontend.

Now the problem is that one can't create MCFs for Linux on Windows, however the other way around works. So could anyone of the dev team who runs Linux take care of that matter? I can assist you if you have questions regarding this. The related conversation should also be visible in our OpenClonk-Developers mailbox on Desura.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-23 21:55
If noone in the dev team is willing to do it, we won't be on Desura anymore as the consequence.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-23 22:00
Fine. Hl me in IRC, I've got boring lectures all over the day tomorrow.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-24 18:00

>I can assist you if you have questions regarding this.

I'd like to take advantage of that, but your presence is crucial for that. For starters, I don't seem to be in the developer list on Desura.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-24 19:41
Snap! I added you to the group but forgot to give you any permissions in the group. You and zapper have now full access.

Very cool that you take on the task. You will see that it is quite simple:
1. get Desura application
2. go to Development -> OpenClonk (or: search for OpenClonk) -> Publish. There, click on Upload (und the title Releases). Under the heading "Uploads", click on the "create" MCF link. Yeah, it's quite hidden.
3. point desura to a directory where OpenClonk has just been installed/unpacked to and click OK. After Desura is done, it offers you to upload it. Repeat for every architecture
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-24 20:06
The publish-button still gives me a permission denied.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-24 20:20
Err, you definitely got all rights there are though...

Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-24 20:25
I suspect that the desura right system separates games and developer groups. I could add a new game to our group.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-26 11:27
The files are online, what do I do next?
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Linux Desura package maintainer wanted