Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Engine Window Position and Model Ingame Size
- - By Andriel Date 2012-10-23 15:57
Hi guys, I have two questions:

1. When I start a scenario in Eclipse the engine window and the player view window are a bit too far right and I always have to move them. Wasn't there a value in the registry which set the engine window position?

2. I just tried to bring a tree model to the game. I copied Tree_Corniferus and replaced scene.material, graphics.mesh and the texture with my files. But ingame, my tree was very tiny. (DoCon worked but then half of the model was "behind" the camera) So I opened the model in Blender and made it ten times as big, applied the scale and exported again. Now the tree was 3/2 as big as a Clonk. So blabla... size times two... Now it is about right, but in Blender, the model is even bigger than the grid ground plane. So, is this normal or do I have some settings wrong? Defcore size does not influence the modelsize itself, does it? (I can also upload the files)
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-10-23 18:01
One unit in Blender is one pixel in Clonk. This is what I agreed with Randrian at the time when we decided to not scale mesh graphics to the object shape.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-23 18:15

>Now it is about right, but in Blender, the model is even bigger than the grid ground plane. So, is this normal or do I have some settings wrong? Defcore size does not influence the modelsize itself, does it? (I can also upload the files)

That is correct. You can get an idea of how big in pixels your model will be by inspecting the transform values (key T), see Clonk-Karl
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-10-23 18:42

>the model is even bigger than the grid ground plane. So, is this normal or do I have some settings wrong?

This is perfectly normal; most structures will exceed the default grid size. You can make the grid bigger in the N menu - under Display (Zapper said T? Maybe difference in keybindings).
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-23 18:45
T is the transform properties (I guess? at least in 2.49) where you can see the size of your model which translate into pixels - might be different with the newer blender, though :)
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Engine Window Position and Model Ingame Size