Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Functions which don't function anymore in OpenClonk
- - By Andriel Date 2012-10-28 17:14 Edited 2012-10-30 15:26
So far I found just these two:

SetMatAdjust()
-Doesn't do anything
-Always returns true (even without parameters)

LaunchVolcano()
-Doesn't do anything
-Always returns true (even without parameters)
Works, it's just the documentation entry being outdated.

Also, I found a broken link in the online documentation:

InsertMaterialAmount()
(The link under "See also:")
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-28 18:49
could you post this in the bugtracker?
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-10-30 15:21
I did. But I just had a look at the Objects.ocd and saw that there is a LaunchVolcano() function implemented (by Maikel), but with a lot more parameters that in the documentation: LaunchVolcano(int x, int y, int strength, string material, int angle). So if you pass the right parameters, it works. Just two things:
--The volcano does always throw around lavachunks, even if you set the material to, e.g., water.
--Why isn't it possible to launch a volcano from a point where there is no solid material? (for example, from a lava lake)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-10-30 15:41
Cause it was a fast implementation.... I'll fix the two issues soon. The Launch* functions should just be removed from the documentation.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-10-30 15:56
Wait, shouldn't the new version of LaunchVolcano be documented?
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-10-30 16:11
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-30 16:27
No, that's a relic.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-10-30 16:16
Maybe, I am not so happy with documenting non-engine or non-System.ocg functions.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-10-30 16:26
I agree. Objects can have their own "documentation" as commented out lines in script.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-10-30 17:08
Documentation of global script functions is just as important as engine functions. That's especially true as more and more engine functionality is moved to script.

For the regular scenario or object designer, there is no difference between global script functions and engine functions (except that for using the former, they might need to make sure Objects.ocd is loaded). In fact, functions get moved between engine and script without interface changes a lot. As a scripter, if I want to launch a volcano, I would search the documentation for volcano and I'd be pretty sad if I didn't find anything.

Documentation could be created from the comments in script of course. But I don't think we can do that yet.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-30 20:20

>But I don't think we can do that yet.

Guenther, Guenther!
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Functions which don't function anymore in OpenClonk