Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Soundtrack: Album Cover (Screenshots request)
- - By ala [nl] Date 2012-10-28 18:37
Alright, I have successfully registered the Open Clonk soundtrack as a semester project for my university :), and I'll be working on at least 5 tracks, if possible more like 7.

But not right now, probably in around 2 or 3 weeks - I then plan to work very intense on it till Christmas. But currently I'm busy with finishing other musical tasks first (I'm currently working on my first pop song :)).

OK, that was just some general statement, the reason for the thread is:
What I'm already forced to do during the next days is designing a CD cover (kind of awkward - before having produced the music). I'll be working on that with my lame Photoshop skills, but perhaps something cool will come from it.

So what do I have in mind:
Some calm settlement screenshot(s) with some mining, and stuff. And I'll plan to edit those a bit, add titles and see what will emerge from it - probably some clonk pose as well. We will see.
This thread is actually a screenshot request :)

The soundtrack will features mainly music about landscape themes - like nights, caves, snow or lava. So some settlement/exploring pictures, might fit well.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-28 18:53 Edited 2012-10-28 18:55
you could join the multiplayer games this evening :-)@screenshots

Otherwise, I guess a good screenshot will almost suffice without any extra editing. If you need more clonk resources (like the title or icon), have a look into the resources repository.
Parent - - By ala [nl] Date 2012-11-09 02:54

>If you need more clonk resources (like the title or icon), have a look into the resources repository.

That's a really great repository you got there.

I just finished my assignment, guess I will never be a graphical wizard - but it still turned out pleasing my expectations.

I hereby license the file Multimedia_Albumcover_voorkant.jpg under the CC-BY license
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2012-11-09 08:18 Edited 2012-11-09 08:20
UV map on the background looks very... geeky!
Like the idea a lot.

P.S. I would definitely buy such a CD if when it is done
Parent - By ala [nl] Date 2012-11-09 10:38
Thanks.

>P.S. I would definitely buy such a CD if when it is done

Will be free.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2012-11-09 19:45
Personally, I like the image very much which can be seen at the end of the video maikel posted recently. I think this would fine for a album cover (perhaps with a ingame screenshot in the background or something)
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2012-10-28 21:02
Feel free to ask me for some Photoshop help/Feedback. :)
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Soundtrack: Album Cover (Screenshots request)