Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / BlenderNation.com post
- - By Andriel Date 2012-11-07 17:57
The number of "games in the last 24 hours" dropped to less than 20 yesterday. We have to do something about it! :D
I thought about a news on BlenderNation.com, something like this.
It would require some 3D-guy (Ringwaul?) to write a short text about how he uses Blender to create OC graphics. (Could be just two sentences) I could contribute a screenshot of the GLSL-shaded chemlab inside Blender.
Since the Blender community is rather huge and the BlenderNation news are shown on Blenders homepage, this could bring a lot of new players for OC.
(Maybe "This game is just awesome!" or something similar in the last line, to push the folks into the right direction.) ;-)
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-07 18:17
But at least let's wait for the bugfix release :)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-11-07 18:43
Indeed it's good to advertise more, so if you want to do that, everyone here would be happy about it probably.
Please do note, that whenever you do it in "our" name please ask here first, like this :)

Yes, well at some point after the first release with melees we had a few days of 200+ games, but I think if you want
to have people playing continuously you need a league.
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-11-14 13:36
So, why is it gone?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-11-14 15:57
The league?

I think that code is partially closed source, also we don't have any account system here.
Parent - Date 2012-11-14 16:04
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-11-07 19:27
I think it's a great idea I personally think that OC needs the publicity, but first get approval from the rest of the OC "workers" like Maikel said.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-07 19:56
I think it should be more obvious that the game isn't finished yet. It nowhere gives you a hint that it's work in progress. It onle says in the main menue 3.5.1 Delta (or something). And "Stable version 3.1" not only sounds like it's done, it sounds like it's 3.1 times done. Why isn't it 0.3.1 or something? Or have a big fat Beta or Alpha sign on it? So people know to expect bugs on the one hand, but also more releases, updates, bugfixes and new content on the other hand.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-07 20:41
Because OpenClonk will never be truly finished :)
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-08 02:36
What if we start making expansion packs?

And by expansion packs I mean extra content; not removing the airship/airplane from the main release and selling them as DLC for €5.
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2012-11-08 09:33
Extra content: Hats!
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-08 02:40
Eh, I don't know about that. I don't really frequent blendernation anymore; just popping into a mostly unrelated forum to say, "Hey guys play our game please! C: <3" seems weird to me. If it was a showcase of a game made completely in blender, sure...
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-11-14 14:00

>popping into a mostly unrelated forum

But it's not a forum, it's a kind of news blog about Blender.

>If it was a showcase of a game made completely in blender, sure...

There are plenty of other games featured which use Blender for the models only and have an own game engine, like OC. There is even one where they used Blender just for the trailer! Some more examples: 1 2 3 4.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-14 16:09
Ah, ok. I was confusing the site with blenderartists.org.
Up Topic General / General / BlenderNation.com post