Not logged inOpenClonk Forum - Archive
Up Topic Community / Off Topic / Spam on the site²
- - By Andriel Date 2012-11-09 21:38
I just noticed this:

These links are everywhere on the site, even on the main page! Here are some more evidence screenshots:

Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-09 21:45
Not for me. You sure your system is kosher? :)
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-11-09 21:54
Hm, I just noticed that these links are on the clonkforge and even on youtube... o_0
What's wrong with the world? :(

CCAN is clean, by the way.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-10 00:58
Are you sure that you have no suspicious firefox (or whatever you are using) extension running? :)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-10 02:20
The problem resides on your machine; it has been infected with adware. In fact, what you have looks very similar to what I was infected with not long ago.

See what Zapper said. When I was trying to find a codec to record the new trailer smoothly, I downloaded what was infested with malware. I realized this pretty much as soon as I opened the installer (Would you like to install 3 different toolbars and set your homepage to ww.freevirusnow.com?). Even though I wasn't completely stupid and immediately closed it/deleted/ran a malware scan, just running the program had already done damage to other parts of my computer.

In Firefox's addons there was one which had quietly installed called "Coupon Rebate" or some such nonsense; after uninstalling that I haven't had the problem again.

I'd also suggest getting Microsoft Security Essentials to scan your computer, too (highly recommended by IT people, over avast). There is probably other fallout scattered about your computer.
Parent - - By KKenny [de] Date 2012-11-10 11:22
And are YOU sure you don't advertise single Ukraine ladies?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-10 12:52
Why wouldn't I?
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-09 22:04
Not for me either. Do you use protection?
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-11-09 22:19
avast! Antivirus. This started just some hours ago, everything was normal before.
So it has nothing to do with something like this?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-10 00:59
Doesn't seem like it since it seems to be normal for everyone else
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-11-10 13:41
Check your extensions. Something like Saving Sidekicks should be there. I'm not sure if its actual virus software or just some annoying stuff that came with a random installer.
- By Andriel Date 2012-11-10 16:54
I checked my addons, but nothing seemed suspicious, so I disabled all of them. The links are gone for now.
Up Topic Community / Off Topic / Spam on the site²