Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Some questions
- - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-11-13 16:25
I have a few question about the openclonk.

At first i would like to know that Can i translate openclonk to Polish?
I tried to unpack System folder and find file with lenguage but i couldn't unpack it.

I also like to know that are you going to make more skins clonk in future update? :D
It looks fantastic and You should add more skins.

I had problems with some glitch and imperfections. In one way i blocked when the snow showered me.
And i couldn't find shop in game.XD
I noticed in editor that the textures looked a bit poorly, beacause i can see the lines between repetitions texture.

I think it's all what i wanted to tell :D.

Thanks in advance.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-11-13 16:53
The language file is also here: http://hg.openclonk.org/openclonk/file/a638a055ccf4/planet/System.ocg/LanguageUS.txt
Did you try to unpack with c4group? Translating is appreciated, but currently we lack a maintainer/system for translations.

The snow bug will be fixed in the new version (update probably this Saturday).

The shop is available at the flagpole (space bar) in some scenarios (maybe none of them in the release version actually).

What textures? Those of the landscape?
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-11-13 17:04

> we lack a maintainer/system for translations.

One of the big problems we've always had with translation is that everything is distributed among a huge number of files and many strings are replicated.

I think it would be cool if string tables would inherit from each other. I.e.: You can define strings in the base folder of Objects.ocd and use them in every child definition. Additionally, all string tables could inherit from the big table in System.ocg.

The advantage is that you can group and reuse strings in big object packs. One disadvantage is that objects are less self-contained, i.e. you can't just copy a single object out of some pack into your scenario without worrying about where the strings are. But then, since the introduction of libraries, you can't do that anymore anyway.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-13 17:06

>but currently we lack a maintainer/system for translations.

What does that mean?
He could just copy and rename LanguageUS.txt and StringTblUS.txt and then translate them with a simple text editor to Polish and then they will show up in the options ingame.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-11-13 18:07
We did not really decide whether to provide translations with the game or ship them independently, also every language besides English or German needs at least one responsible maintainer in my opinion.
Parent - - By Fluff [gb] Date 2012-11-14 21:24

>The shop is available at the flagpole (space bar) in some scenarios (maybe none of them in the release version actually).

Conquest of Krakatoa is the only scenario with shopping.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-14 21:54
And Skylands
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2012-11-14 21:55
I was only counting official scenarios.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-14 02:28

>I also like to know that are you going to make more skins clonk in future update? :D

The next Clonk skin will be a fisherman, and the one after that probably a 'pirate'. It's not very high priority though, since we still have buildings without finished graphics.
Parent - - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-11-16 13:17
I'm playying on linux and I don't hear the music everywhere. I'm not sure, Is there music.

I hope that you reperir bug with rope in next update.
Rope bug is when I try to climb with rope:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8184/screenshot002ty.png
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2333/screenshot003ud.png

Sometimes i have big problem because  he(clonk) try to climb on ceiling and fell down when i relase it ;/.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-11-16 13:28
Yes, the rope handling can be frustrating sometimes. I especially hate how, when you try to hangle around a corner, the Clonk will always fall down when you hangle off the cliff sideways. I think if that functionality were change, it would be much easier to get around corners with the rope.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-16 17:06
If you hit a direction key twice while on a rope the clonk will turn in the direction you pushed.
To get around the corners, I try to hold down the direction key, so that the clonk keeps swinging in only one direction. That helps sometimes, but often it doesn't. :(

(btw: if your hardware allows it you can set a higher resolution in the options :))
Parent - - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-11-17 13:25
I forgot to inform you about very import bug.
It was when I was playing with my friend and he try to rejoin, he didn't see the icon in menu and when he selected his accout, he was disconnected by desynchronization.

We didn't know what to do and we had to restart the host :(.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-17 14:27
Oh :/

Do you have different operations systems? For example you are using Windows and your friend is using Linux?
Parent - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-11-17 15:21
Yes it's true. I using Linux and my friend using Windows :).

But i also don't see icons in joinplayer menu ^^.
Parent - - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-11-25 14:26
I know why the music don't work on linux.

"Music File not found: /usr/local/share/openclonk/Music.ocg"

But i don't know how to fix it. ;p
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-25 16:57
There currently is no music in OC. Not sure if that should cause it to not find the empty folder, though.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Some questions