Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Weirdness regarding connecting to the masterserver
- - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2012-12-03 19:56
When I go into the list of network games from the main menu, it says that it tries to connect to the masterserver for 15 seconds, and after about 40 more seconds displays a list of games. Same when I try to join someone by entering his IP in the line below the list. I can't host at all: When I try, it displays a "Request timeout" dialog window and nobody can join. (Maybe it would work if my game had been open for a while? I doubt it, the dialog window makes it seem as if the masterserver doesnt care after the first connection attempt)
Wat do?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-12-03 21:23
Firewall? Router restart?
Parent - - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2012-12-04 13:06
I don't think its a firewall, at least I didn't install any and the Windows-Firewall already has an exception set. How do I check if a firewall installed by someone else might be blocking it?
Its been like that for quite some time now, I doubt a router restart would do anything, but I can try later when I'm back home.
Parent - - By B_E [de] Date 2012-12-04 13:29
What about opening http://boom.openclonk.org in a webbrowser? Does that work?
Parent - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2012-12-05 22:18
Responds normally, immediately.
Parent - - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2012-12-09 16:46
I forgot to restart the router, but after not opening OC for a while, today the problem was simply gone, so it probably was the router after all.

<close thread>
Parent - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2012-12-16 18:14
<open thread>
The problem is back, I immediately tried a router restart, it didn't work. What now?
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Weirdness regarding connecting to the masterserver