Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Concept Art] Steampunk Guns
- - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2013-01-06 00:39
Made some gun sketches in steampunk design. A phaser could be an interesting weapon technique. The last two images right show alternative launchers of an iron bomb launcher. Most of the sketches are not necessarily to implement but perhaps inspiring for new gun types.

I hereby license the file spguns.png under the CC-BY license
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-01-06 00:42
That bomb launcher catapult around the wrist is awesome.^^
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2013-01-06 03:41
I like the lower left phaser! (not the one to the right, too forced-steampunky)

I think for some kind of "bomb launcher" something along the lines of a "carryable cannon" (carried on the height of the waist) could look funny.
Parent - - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2013-01-06 11:34

>I think for some kind of "bomb launcher" something along the lines of a "carryable cannon" (carried on the height of the waist) could look funny.

Yes, you wrote something like that in the mentioned thread but I have problems to imagine how it could look like. Does the clonk needs to lean forward to adjust the angle? Does the clonk have an electiric installation at his arms with wires to trigger the catapult?
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2013-01-06 20:08
Interesting what pops up if you search in google images for "hand cannon"... but not was I was aiming for. The catapult thingy just doesn't look good I guess. What I was getting at was basically a cannon held bit like a minigun.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Concept Art] Steampunk Guns