Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Loom
- - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2013-02-03 18:11 Edited 2013-02-03 18:24
This is the loom, developed from feedback and this thread.
196 points and 208 polys (after mesh triangulation)

No animations yet. If the loom produces something the wheel spins, the board with the string moves up and down and the fabric rotates. Model and texture is still open for improvements.

I hereby license the file 1.png under the CC-BY license

I hereby license the file 2.png under the CC-BY license

I hereby license the file Loom.obj under the CC-BY license

I hereby license the file Loom.ocd under the CC-BY license
Attachment: Loom.obj (17k)
Attachment: Loom.ocd (303k)
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2013-02-03 22:17
The construction does fit to the rest of the buildings better now, but in my opinion a few points were better in your original sketch:

+ now there is not much to see from the classical spinning jenny part, most of it is just some metal plates and a pipe. From the ingame view, it makes up less than 10% of the whole model!
-> Why not open up the metal plate in the front and show the player the barrels with the cloth being woven? As said, your original sketch was better in that point.
-> the "I am a machine with pipes, steam and all that stuff" should make up less space in the model, the most important thing is to show what the building is supposed to do.

+ Matthi made a very fine animation with those two spinning gears that might depict a spinning wheel. Perhaps it could be added to you model on the left with a string being connected to your horizontal cloth barrel going back and forth in the animation?
Parent - By Dragonclonk [de] Date 2013-02-03 22:30
Okay, thanks. I will consider this points when I am reworking the model.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Loom