Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Ladders
- - By Pyrit Date 2013-05-07 21:38
Here is some ladder I made.

Usage is easy: It is built with the hammer, and works basically like any other building. While setting the construction site you can change the height by moving the mouse up and down. The higher it gets, the more wood you will need to build it. If you want to extend an existing ladder you can operate the hammer while climbing up the ladder you want to extend and place some more ladders on top of it.

I put it into a test scenario, it has no goal, but you can try to reach some remote places with help of the ladders.

I hereby license the file Ladders.ocs.zip under the CC-BY license
Attachment: Ladders.ocs.zip - Test Scenario (1439k)
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-05-07 21:41
Sounds cool :)
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2013-05-28 12:54
Great work! The extending system works really well.
I think the texture is a bit too light, it doesn't really fit the style of the other structures, and the step sounds are a bit... weird.
But other than that it's well done and I will definitely use it in the scenario I'm working on. :)
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-05-28 21:35
Nice to hear some feedback! B)

>I think the texture is a bit too light, it doesn't really fit the style of the other structures, and the step sounds are a bit... weird.

I made the texture this way to make it more distinguishable from the darker brown tunnel background. The sound is supposed to be some sort of creaking wood when it's under stress.

>But other than that it's well done and I will definitely use it in the scenario I'm working on. :)

I'm looking forward to hear more of that! :)
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-05-28 13:11
Maybe this could be an alternative to the scaffolds in the skylands scenario?
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-05-28 21:41
Of course it can. It could also help to make the bases in any scenario prettier, because you don't have to leave these earth crumbles all around your base to travel upwards.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Ladders