Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Concept/Ideas] Flag, border building
- - By Fungiform Date 2013-09-25 17:24
So, here is the first batch of sketches for what I will call the flag/ border building. It marks the territory and/or border. This is not meant to be a central building. I plan to do these separately. Afterwards we can see if we can combine them.

As this is not the art workshop I will just crank the concepts out. This is to get a lot ideas. Additional sketches and ideas welcome.

Parent - By Dragonclonk Date 2013-09-25 20:26
I like the idea of border stones. Maybe a higher more present one.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2013-10-03 10:53
Everything that is on a stick could actually be placed in walls and ceilings as well :o
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2013-10-07 19:37
The Energy/Flag discussion seems to be in favor of a system where owning a base is done by having an "control decive" -  which either works on its own, OR owns the entire power net it is placed into. I think this device should feature some design aspects shared by our electric devices. Ideas? Some glowing electro-crystals or some big coils? Antennas?
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2013-10-07 20:49
I messed around with your borderstone shapes a bit.
Attachment: energyflags.png (218k)
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2013-10-07 21:27
A little bit too cyberpunky, imho.
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2013-10-08 12:10
Parent - - By Fungiform Date 2013-10-08 12:31
I'm really not fond of tesla coils and the like.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2013-10-08 13:30
I couldn't sketch something decent with that theme as well, but I wanted to bring up that more "technical" theme.
Parent - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-08 12:50
that are alot of cool flags, hard to decide wich one would be the best to chose.
so maybe the player should be able to choose a flag style from some presets, (like the clonk skin) and this will the be used for the flags and also for the flags on buildings (if this will come that buildings got a flag wich indicates owner).

this +color gives some more individuality value to the players
(sorry if this may offtopic for concept art area)
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Concept/Ideas] Flag, border building