Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Constuctive Critisism
- - By Yaddy1 [ca] Date 2009-12-12 23:24
This is the first model I have ever done and I need some help from the community on how to make it better. In case you didn't guess it's supposed to be a tower...

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: Tower.jpg (30k)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-12-13 10:47 Edited 2009-12-13 10:50
With complete respect, if you are a beginner to modelling you should check out some communites like anim8or.com or some-such. Bear in mind there are only around 3-4 regularly active users who are experienced in 3D modelling, and we're probably busy. There will be much more support at other forums. ;)

As for your model, it doesn't look bad for a first 3D model. Read some tutorials and challenge yourself; it's exciting to see what you can make with the right tools.
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2009-12-13 14:51
hey yaddy1,
as ringwaul said, for your first model, its quite good. (mine was worse.. *g*) but one important thing we need to take care of, is the polycount. making models that have low polycounts but still look good, is not that easy, i know. i dont know, but i think there are much tutorials for blender, because its free and still verry good. jost google it, i think you find something you can improve your skills with :)
mfg, MimmoO
Parent - By Yaddy1 [ca] Date 2009-12-13 23:53
Okay first I'll improve my skills but mark my words I'll be back with a pretty kick-ass tower!
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Constuctive Critisism