Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Decoration.ocd
- - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-04-13 18:04
What is the rationale behind having a Decoration.ocd folder?

From my understanding, packs can be used to sort definitions so not every scenario has to load every definition. But decoration is something almost every scenario will have, so pretty much every scenario should activate these objects.

If you really feel we should start sorting objects already (which I doubt - the engine loads fast enough in my opinion), I think it would make more sense to sort out melee (weapons) and settlement (production buildings and processed materials) from the rest.

The current approach will only discourage authors users from using decoration because they have to activate an extra pack. I think this is a bad idea.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-04-13 19:01
I think the main idea was that loading of subgroups should be implemented and Decoration.ocd should be sorted by theme.
For example Decoration/Underwater, Decoration/Cave, Decoration/Ruins and scenarios would load only what they need *shrug*
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-04-13 19:45
Loading of subgroups is implemented.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-04-13 19:38
Like Zapper said, and I did not want to put objects in Objects.ocd which do not seem to belong there.

Also I think it is good if we ship a an object pack which contains lots of decorative objects in a uniform style which can be used by content developers. The sorting method we can discuss about.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Decoration.ocd