Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / How does pump work?
- - By Anonymous [fi] Date 2014-05-22 21:42
I know how to build a pump and I can turn in on and off, but nothing happens. I think I need to build pipes, but how can I build pipes and specify from where to where is the liquids are transported? It looks like this is something you must do in dark castle to get anything done. I am not familiar with the old Clonk series.

It would be nice if there was a tutorial about this also. Or even written instructions or a video. I found it quite impossible to find any instructions about how to pump liquids.
I'm using version 5.4.1.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2014-05-22 23:24
Yes, you need to connect pipes to pump liquid. One pipe is needed for source. A 2nd pipe as a drain is optional. Pipes can be built in the tools workshop.

Maybe the pump could show a message like "No pipe connected!" when you try to switch it on without a source pipe?
Parent - - By Anonymous [fi] Date 2014-05-23 05:27
I have never seen a pipe in the tools workshop, not in the tutorial nor in the scenarios. I only see hammer, shovel, barrel, bucket and pickaxe there. I wonder do you have to do something to get the pipe there (upgrade workshop?) or could it be invisible, because there are also some graphic bugs, e.g. bridges build from dirt are the same color as sky so you can build invisible bridges.
Parent - By Anonymous [fi] Date 2014-05-23 05:34
I take that back. I can't build pipes in the tutorial, but I was able to do it in the dark castle. Thank you for your help.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2014-05-25 14:37
Ty, added pipe to tutorial 5 plans (which is going to be deleted, anyway…)
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / How does pump work?