Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Object download in Clonk
- - By Bowserkoopa [at] Date 2009-12-27 15:28
Everytime, I want a new object, I have to go to the CCAN, download it, put it into the Editor, change to the game and then play it. So, what would you say, if you could start the game, go to the network menu, and there's a button  "Download new Objects/Scenarios"? If you hit it, a screen appears with uploaded things from other users, and you can download them with one click. So you don't have to quit Clonk, you can always get new Worlds, Objects, etc
Wouldn't that be fine?
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2009-12-27 15:49
i do like this idea. iirc, something similar was discussed here some times ago. dunno where now.
but this would require a  special server for objects and scens, like the CCAN now.

as said, like the idea
Parent - - By Bowserkoopa [at] Date 2009-12-27 16:07
Thanks, i had the idea last night when i went to bed^^ But it would be really good, if it would really work. Maybe OpenClonk could download directly from the CCAN? Then you could also see the rating
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2009-12-27 17:23
Well, it's up to ArneB. He has to open the CCAN for that.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-12-27 17:39
Its actually up to one, who would implement that into the engine. The web interface would not be that problematic
Parent - - By Bowserkoopa [at] Date 2009-12-27 18:46
You would need to connect to the CCAN database and read the name and the ranking from objects and scenarios.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-12-27 19:38
Sure, but that would not be the majority of the work but rather simple to implement (I don't know how the CCAN-system works in detail, though)
Parent - - By Bowserkoopa [at] Date 2009-12-28 13:19
OpenClonk should be mor comfortable than Clonk Rage. New Objects and Scenarios are in a way "updates" for Clonk, so it wouldn't be bad if direct object download would be supported.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2009-12-28 16:44
I cant remember that I either said that it shouldn't be supported or that OC shouldn't be more comfortable than CR. Sorry, I don't understand your post there
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Object download in Clonk