Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Old Clonk Controls
- - By Anonymous [gb] Date 2014-06-26 18:49
Hi, thanks for bringing Clonk to life again I've been quite enjoying OpenClock. I've been a player of Clonk since Clonk Planet which I brought and had intense fun playing, its something I've carried with me to play in my spare time on a USB Stick because you can pretty much run it anywhere on any computer.

I have however gotten used to the controls of clonk, I rarely if not never played with a mouse always the keyboard and I got very efficient at it but in OpenClonk the new usage of mouse to do everything makes me a little twitchy because I utterly enjoyed the precision you could get with old clonk controls, perfectly straight slopes and area's to build thanks to some digging, I'm also somewhat OCD and anything less than straight/perfectly aligned things makes me twitchy so I can't tell you how much time I've spent wearing down a hill just to make it perfectly flat.

Would there be any chance that the old style of clonk controls might make a return so I don't have to rely so much on a mouse? It would really help a bit, I kinda use a laptop for clonk mostly. xD

Cheers and keep up the great work.

- Crymson
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-06-26 19:34
Hey!

I am afraid, I can't really give you a satisfying answer:
It is very, very unlikely that the true old-school controls return.

BUT it is very possible that we fix the gamepad controls at some point, which obviously do without the mouse. The gamepad controls could then (probably) be used from a keyboard, too.
Another but: I have no idea when the gamepad controls will return as noone is currently working on them.
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2014-06-27 10:56
If it helps, I've found it's possible to dig a relatively straight line if you zoom very far out and move your mouse a great distance from the clonk. A more reliable method would be nice, though.
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2014-06-28 19:48
I am developping a sort of Clonk Rage conversion that features the old controls: http://clonk-center.de/download.php?act=getinfo&dl=639

This does not use the OpenClonk content however and for now it's just 3 buildings and a small goldmine scenario.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Old Clonk Controls